- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Robert Bierhuizen, Jim Brandle, Michael Ecker, Matt Giffen and Leonard Pennachetti
Canada: Senator Harder awards exceptional citizens in Niagara Region
Senator Peter Harder, who has deep roots in the region, awarded the Senate 150th Anniversary Medals on Monday afternoon at the Vineland Estates Winery. Senator Harder worked closely with Lincoln, Ont., Mayor Sandra Easton to recognize those who helped make the Niagara Region a centre of agricultural and vinicultural innovation and excellence.
“It’s my great honour to recognize these exceptional citizens who have contributed significantly to their communities and to our nation,” Senator Harder said. “This region has always been a centre for innovation and it continues to be.”
The Senate 150th Anniversary Medals feature the Senate’s badge on the front and the Senate Chamber on the reverse. (Photo Credit: Greg Kolz)
The five recipients are:
Robert Bierhuizen led the transformation of Sunrise Greenhouses into a hub of innovation—helping take the already-thriving Niagara Region up a notch in excellence. People across Canada enjoy the bounty of Niagara on their plates and in their glasses. Thanks to Bierhuizen, the beauty of Niagara’s flowers are enjoyed across North America.
Thanks to Jim Brandle’s work within the Vineland Research and Innovation Centre, farming communities across the region are applying principles of environmental sustainability to ensure that the flourishing local economy will continue to prosper far into the future.
Michael Ecker’s leadership within the Vineland Growers Co-operative has strengthened the vital role of family farms in the Niagara Region. He has also helped ensure the co-operative continues to excel through partnerships with the Vineland Research and Innovation Centre.
Thanks to Matt Giffen’s entrepreneurship, the Niagara Region—already known for wine—will be known for beer, as well. In addition to introducing the notion of “terroir” to brewing craft beer, he helped diversify the agri-tourism offerings of the area and engaged local farmers in the process.
Leonard Pennachetti’s leadership as a winegrower and champion of the Niagara Region has defined the area as an agri-tourism destination. His efforts have included contributing to the creation of the Twenty Valley Tourism Association, playing an instrumental role founding Ontario’s appellation control system, and the adoption of leading edge technology for wastewater treatment and greater protection of the environment.
Senator Harder will recognize seven more community leaders at an event in Ottawa on November 27. Each Senator received 12 medals to award to exceptional Canadians and permanent residents.
The medals, struck by the Royal Canadian Mint, feature the Senate’s badge on the front and the Senate Chamber on the reverse.
They were designed by Lt.-Col. Carl Gauthier. Lt.-Col. Gauthier, who is involved in honouring the men and women of the Canadian Armed Forces as the Director of Honours and Recognition at the Department of National Defence.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-29 Teen farmer selected as USDA greenhouse grant winner
- 2022-06-24 US: "Demand in 2022 has been more regional, more weather dependent than in 2020 and 2021"
- 2022-06-23 Local experts on the art of flower farming
- 2022-06-21 Group of managers participating in Mastercourse in the Netherlands
- 2022-06-16 Henda Flowers starts construction of new greenhouse
- 2022-06-08 New businesses promote arts, crafts, photography, and flowers
- 2022-06-07 Kenya celebrates its flower growing industry at IFTEX
- 2022-06-02 This man covered his 3-storey house In Uttar Pradesh with 10,000 plants
- 2022-06-01 Cebu farm showcases collection of rare flowering plants and ornamentals
- 2022-05-31 Hong Kong: Edible flowers sold for 50% less than imported ones
- 2022-05-26 Mariusz has a good fit with employer Blueberries Grathem
- 2022-05-26 Designing bouquets for weddings forever an honor
- 2022-05-23 Chinese rose grower finishes steel guttered greenhouse expansion
- 2022-05-20 US: Farming in the heartland at Hilltop Greenhouse
- 2022-05-20 "It's good to keep challenging yourself alongside your current job"
- 2022-05-19 Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- 2022-05-12 "Ten years later, the concept is more relevant than ever"
- 2022-05-11 Alberta Greenhouse Drive map: a map with nearly 200 family-owned greenhouses
- 2022-05-05 Grandiflora and Royal Brinkman celebrate 40 year partnership in Australia
- 2022-05-05 "I have really found my passion in flowers."