- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- US (WA): After 48 years of brightening area gardens, Roozen’s Nursery has closed
- "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- Flower distributor plans to build facility in Port St. Lucie and create 210 jobs
- US (OH): Ready for Cultivate'22?
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
August 22-24, Boskoop
NL: Plantarium 2018 and GROEN-Direkt under the same roof
This development was already introduced in 2015 under the name Ticket2Boskoop and fits in with the Nursery Trade Fair Foundation's policy, which focuses on advancing the trade in ornamental horticulture. This will be achieved by using the brand name Plantarium more extensively and seeking cooperation with other trade fairs. Plantarium and GROEN-Direkt will retain their own identity in this cooperation.
The Nursery Trade Fair Foundation recently asked (former) participants to give their opinion about Plantarium in a questionnaire. The answers given are partly the reason for the Board to sharpen its vision for the future. In addition to a change of location, some parts of the Plantarium format will also be adapted.
The trade fair will now last for three days. It will no longer be held on Saturday when consumers in particular used to visit the fair. Exhibitors have three options to choose from for the location of their stand: a basic grower's square, a version with regular stands and a version that has no limitations for stands. Plantarium will, of course, continue to provide space for suppliers that play a part in determining developments in the sector.
Participants respond positively
Shortly after the Board's decision, participants responded enthusiastically when they were approached over the phone. Hoogeveen Plants BV, Boomkwekerij Out BV, Cammeraat Potcultuur BV, Gebr. van der Salm, Waterplantenkwekerij Moerings BV, de Fruithof BV, van Vliet New Plants BV, Nolina Kwekerijen BV, Handelskwekerij T. Wezelenburg BV and van Lint BV all had a clear opinion. Paul van der Salm: "good for Greenport Boskoop, good for the sector and therefore, also good for our customers". Jacques van Gorcum van T. Wezelenburg adds: “Plantarium's identity as a nursery trade fair forms the basis”. Former participants will also find their way to Plantarium again because of this. Jim Koot of Van Son and Koot BV: "I wholeheartedly support this".
Judging at Plantarium
Plantarium is often associated with novelties. Because the judging at Plantarium in August is time-related, only a part of all the plants achieve high scores. By holding showcases for woody plants and perennials in February (spring), June (summer) and August (autumn), more plants will be able to benefit from the brand name Plantarium. The possibilities are being investigated together with the KVBC (the Royal Association of Boskoop Cultures).
Plantarium 2018 will be held from 22 to 24 August, 2018 at Denemarkenlaan 9, which can be reached via the familiar car park at the Greenpark Boskoop.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"
- 2022-06-23 GROEN-Direkt announce autumn fair
- 2022-06-22 CAN (NS): Horticulture Conference will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, in August
- 2022-06-22 Optimism prevails at sunny edition FlowerTrials
- 2022-06-22 Pennsylvania Horticultural Society announces details for the Philadelphia Flower Show