- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- "Resilience as in going back to the past is not always better”
- “The ornamentals industry in the Philippines is flourishing"
- "Growers and traders know the old assortment but are only moderately aware of the new varieties"
- Sensors on flowers prove that nano-fertilizers help to save energy resources
Top 5 -last month
"Flowers don’t require tough labor"
The technology eliminates the need to recut stems, providing additional time for floral businesses and retailers to spend on other business functions, like sales floor maintenance, orders and customer service, which improves efficiency and saves labor costs.
Because recutting stems is unnecessary, employees also spend less labor time cleaning up after cutting and can spend more time selling longer-stemmed flowers that command higher prices, ultimately generating more income for the business.
“Since the ultimate goal of our industry is enhanced consumer experience and we know that the majority of consumers still do not recut stems at home, our Floralife Express Technology provides our customers with an insurance policy. It also provides retailers with an opportunity to work smarter, not harder,” said Sharon Mikulinski, global marketing manager, Floralife. “We designed this line of products to save our customers time and tough labor, by eliminating the need to have to recut stems.”
Using feedback from its customers and the industry, Smithers-Oasis developed Floralife Express Technology to provide a solution to better manage the challenges faced at all levels of the floral industry. It is appropriate for use with all flower types, and is available in a range of sizes and applications.
Floralife Express Technology joins a line of products that support the entire cut-flower distribution chain from harvest to vase; from growers to wholesalers and from supermarkets and retail shops to the consumer. Floralife products provide the ultimate enjoyment experience for the end consumer with solutions for pretreatment, hydration, transport and storage, and flower food solutions for nourishment and conditioning.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-03-29 FloraHolland verfies Floralife Express Clear 100 for roses
- 2018-03-02 NPPO-approved systems approach for the import of cut flowers to Australia
- 2018-02-23 New Zealand: Digital biosecurity officer starts at Auckland Airport
- 2018-02-16 Special box extends shelf-life of flowers
- 2018-02-15 "Avoid cutting losses by prioritizing sticking"
- 2018-02-13 US: Customs will inspect 1 billion flowers imported for Valentine's Day
- 2018-01-31 US: Delayed shipments can stress vegetative cuttings
- 2018-01-30 Canada: Deadline pushed back for Greenhouse Certification Program
- 2018-01-19 New Zealand court fines plant smuggler
- 2017-12-20 India: Training on dried flowers technology and value addition
- 2017-11-29 Drugs found in South American flower shipment
- 2017-11-28 NL: New cooling rooms in use at VWS Flowerbulbs
- 2017-11-27 "Up to four times higher sales"
- 2017-11-22 "Flowers don’t require tough labor"
- 2017-10-25 Taking care of pathogens in the delivery process
- 2017-10-24 New device allows continuous monitoring of the cold chain
- 2017-10-03 US: APHIS starts offshore greenhouse certification pilot program
- 2017-10-02 "US can become a much larger market for Colombia"
- 2017-09-25 "Better shelf life, bigger and whiter flowers"
- 2017-09-22 India: Renovation of cold storage for flowers a boon