- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Denmark: DLG sells GASA Group to Erhvervsinvest
The sale of GASA Group is the latest in a series of divestments focused on the DLG Group's activities in its three core business areas: Farm Supply, Vitamins & Minerals and Service & Energy.
DLG has owned the company since 2007, but following a successful turnaround of GASA Group, the DLG Group has been looking for a new owner to continue operating the company and exploiting GASA's position on the European market.
"We have owned GASA Group since 2007. Together with employees and the management, we have successfully turned around GASA Group into the profitable, well-managed company it is today, which makes us very proud. At the same time, we have made no secret of the fact that we are not the right owners for the long term. This is why we're pleased to have found the right buyer who will continue to develop and continue the company, with DLG holding a minority interest," says Lars Sørensen, CFO of the DLG Group and chairman of the board of GASA Group.
Thomas Marstrand, managing partner and CEO of Erhvervsinvest, is pleased with the purchase of GASA Group.
"GASA has now become a good, well-managed company with strong value-creating products and solutions. The company holds an attractive position in the European market and we see considerable potential for continued growth through keener focus on sales. Together with DLG, the management and the employees, we are looking forward to contributing positively to the continued development of GASA Group," says Thomas Marstrand.
In connection with the sale, Niels Søren Rasmussen, CEO of GASA Group, transfers to a senior position with DLG where he was also employed earlier in his career.
"Niels Søren Rasmussen has done a brilliant job as CEO, and it explains why we've long wanted to put his skills to use in the DLG Group in connection with the divestment plans," Lars Sørensen says.
The management of GASA Group will now be shared by Daniél Vesterlund and Claes Riber, both of whom were previously members of the GASA Group Executive Management.
In connection with the new ownership, H.C. Madsen, former managing director of Danske Spil, Coop and IKEA Danmark, will join the board as the new chairman. In addition, Lars Sørensen, CFO of the DLG Group, will continue on the board of GASA Group.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 Pasadena Tournament of Roses honors passing of longest-living rose queen Margaret Huntley Main
- 2023-11-29 Rose farms AgroTerraNorte & TerraPacific from Ecuador develop Grupo del Pacifico, LLC. in the United States
- 2023-11-29 JetBlue donates 2M TrueBlue Points to Make-A-Wish
- 2023-11-29 Ronald Moerings Foundation donates €186,100 to AVL Foundation
- 2023-11-29 24 DryGair units regulate the humidity at greenhouse of Dutch rose nursery Rozenkwekerij Van der Hulst
- 2023-11-29 40 types of Ecuadorian grown flowers at one place
- 2023-11-28 US (NB): USDA facility at Innovation Campus will start construction next year
- 2023-11-27 Former AIPH President Robert Mathis dies at 95
- 2023-11-27 Acuity to acquire Arize family of horti lighting from Current
- 2023-11-27 OZ-Hami and chain partners raise money for Pink Ribbon
- 2023-11-27 KG Systems & KG Greenhouses participate in CollegeTour
- 2023-11-27 Martin Stolze preps up to anticipate next growth of international horti
- 2023-11-24 Huib Kranendonk new CEO Royal Lemkes
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-24 Six former Celtic Refrigeration employees start at Airclima
- 2023-11-23 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together