- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
- Dümmen Orange shows full portfolio at FlowerTrials
- Entries for the Aiph International Grower of the Year Award to close on June 30
- Chrysanthemums can be grown with less electricity and less heat
- NL: Orchid Inspiration Days around the corner
- New sprayable feed enhances the establishment of beneficial insects
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
IPM Essen aims to attract visitors with supporting programme
On Tuesday, January 23, two evening events will be on the agenda: The Central Horticultural Association (ZVG) will invite visitors to the German Flowers Night. Here, importers will encounter exporters in order to bring German horticultural products together with the European market. In the same evening, the International Association of Horticultural Producers (AIPH) will present the International Grower of the Year Awards. Ornamental plant breeders from throughout the world will compete against each other in the contest for the coveted golden rose.
Sporty: Future Congress Entitled Horticulture and Landscaping Outlooks
For the second time, Messe Essen will be the venue for the future congress entitled "Horticulture and Landscaping Outlooks". The North Rhine-Westphalia Association for Horticulture, Landscaping and Sports Field Construction will invite visitors to this event on January 24 under the title of "Health as a Success Factor". Prof. Dr. Ingo Froböse, sports scientist and health expert, will be a speaker.
Information Event for Local Authorities
Under the title of "Biological Diversity in the Private and Public Green Areas of Local Authorities", IPM Essen 2018 will once more offer an information event for nursery gardeners, landscape gardeners and decision takers from local authorities in cooperation with the Federation of German Nurseries (BdB) and The Green City foundation. The event with three short lectures and a discussion will take place in the Berlin Hall in the West Congress Centre from 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 noon on the Wednesday of the fair (January 24, 2018).
"I Love Green - Training Day"
Together with Messe Essen, the "green associations" will continue their activities in the canvassing of young people for the occupations at IPM Essen in 2018, too. On Wednesday, January 24, "I Love Green - Training Day" will again be the motto in the South Congress Centre from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. In the Deutschland Hall, pupils from Classes 8, 9 and 10 at mainstream schools will be provided with extensive information about the gardener and florist occupations.
Time for Networking: European Nursery Reception
The European Nurserystock Association (ENA) and the Federation of German Nurseries (BdB) will invite visitors to the European Nursery Reception on the BdB booth in Hall 11 at 5.30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 24. Nursery gardeners from all over the world will be given the possibilities of networking and exchanging ideas amongst colleagues in a relaxed atmosphere.
International Horticulture Forum with Denmark as the Partner Country
In 2018, the International Horticulture Forum will deal with the chances and challenges in Danish horticulture. A series of lectures with high-ranking speakers from Denmark and Germany will be offered in cooperation with the Representation of interests of the German horticulture industry (INDEGA) and the Ulmer Publishing House. It will all start in the Berlin Hall in the West Congress Centre at 2.00 p.m. on January 25.
A Look at Topical Trend Subjects: Lectures in the Speakers' Corner
The Speakers' Corner organised by hortivation in Hall 13 will be the central information and communication platform in the middle of the happenings at the fair. Here, decision takers from the green retail trade will learn how topical trends can be used for promoting the sales of green products. Exhibiting companies and external experts will illustrate innovative sales concepts in keynote lectures, best-practice examples and workshops taking place several times every day. The Thursday of the fair (January 25) will be totally characterised by the subject of fruit and vegetables.
Green Careers Wall
At IPM Essen, anybody looking for a new job or new employees will be supported with the "Green Careers" job exchange. Visitors and exhibitors will be able to place job requests and offers on a wall in the foyer of the Grugahalle free of charge.
Perspectives for Young Managers
In the "Occupation + Future" forum, experts will introduce occupational fields and qualification possibilities in horticulture in short lectures. Furthermore, the forum will promote contacts between qualified jobseekers and companies. In particular, it will address graduates from green vocational colleges and universities as well as young qualified people from horticulture. The event will take place in Room A in the East Congress Centre from 10.30 a.m. to 12.00 noon on Thursday, January 25, 2018.
Teaching Show Places Its Faith in the Future Subject of Digitalisation
On all the days of IPM Essen, the teaching show on the booth of the Horticultural Info Centre in Hall 1A will display innovative and pioneering developments for the advancing digitalisation of horticulture from the fields of monitoring, autonomous machine technology, training and business management. From the trainee to the operations manager, the various projects will invite everybody who would like to obtain information about the digital world of the modern gardener on an interactive playing field.
Live Floristry par excellence
In the FDF World in Hall 1A, the Trade Association of German Florists - Federal Association (FDF) will present varied live shows with floral designers from throughout the world every day. The highlights will include the World Cup Shows. Alex Choi from Korea, the reigning World Champion of Florists, and Stein Are Hansen from Norway, the World Champion of Florists in 2010, will appear together in a first-rate floristry show on the Wednesday and the Thursday.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-06 Entries for the Aiph International Grower of the Year Award to close on June 30
- 2023-06-06 NL: Orchid Inspiration Days around the corner
- 2023-06-06 Largest IFTEX to date kicks off in Nairobi
- 2023-06-05 US (FL): Impressions from Floriexpo
- 2023-06-05 Sunflower sea at anniversary celebration Van Gogh Museum with royal touch
- 2023-06-05 UK: Petersfield greenhouse company Alitex wins RHS Chelsea Flower Show award
- 2023-06-02 UK: ‘Heroines of Horticulture’ lauded at Chelsea show
- 2023-06-02 UK: Exbury Gardens to display RHS Chelsea Flower Show award-winning garden
- 2023-06-02 US: Flowers for all 300,000 graves at Arlington National Cemetery
- 2023-06-02 Over 200 visitors welcomed during Open House Interplant Roses
- 2023-06-01 40th International Plant Fair from January 23 to 26, 2024 at Messe Essen
- 2023-06-01 Fresh Impact Tours 2023 brings IFPA to members backyards
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days