Top 5 - yesterday
- "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- Floranova to showcase new and flagship varieties at FlowerTrials 2023
- US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- US: Last-minute rush of donation brings flowers to every grave at Arlington
- Dissolved oxygen platform launched
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
e-Gro propagation webinars posted on YouTube
Thinking Inside the Box: What the Shipping Environment Does to Your Cuttings
Nathan Jahnke - PhD Graduate Student, North Carolina State University
Unrooted vegetative cuttings are a popular choice for propagating floriculture crops, but some cuttings travel thousands of miles before they get to a grower. Ethylene, dehydration, and Botrytis are a few common postharvest factors that can reduce cutting quality during shipping and storage. This webinar discussed how these factors may be affecting your URC and liner supply chains.
Slide Master PDF: Thinking Inside the Box PDF
Successfully Rooting Vegetative Cuttings
W. Garrett Owen - Michigan State University
Rooting your own vegetative cuttings has been increasing in popularity. However, there are many growers considering rooting cuttings for the first time. Dr. Owen presented key aspects to consider when propagating your own cuttings to get rooting success near 100%.
Slide Master PDF: Propagation Success PDF
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-30 Australia: Building code adapted to better fit greenhouse building
- 2023-05-29 "More and more can be done electrically, including high-capacity crop shredding"
- 2023-05-29 "With our payment tracker, customers see the exact status of the foreign payment"
- 2023-05-26 “No ultrafiltration without customization”
- 2023-05-25 Kenya: “Demand for on-farm cooling solutions is increasing”
- 2023-05-23 Capital injection for Blue Radix powered by 400 growers
- 2023-05-22 "Designed to simplify growing and enhance operations"
- 2023-05-18 Evaluation of mud-based culture substrate on the regeneration of verbena cuttings
- 2023-05-17 Research project to explore 5G use in greenhouse industry
- 2023-05-17 UK: Horticultural Trades Association urges action on water management grants to increase resilience to droughts
- 2023-05-16 Almost time to propagate poinsettia mums
- 2023-05-16 Could growing crops under solar panels provide food and energy at the same time?
- 2023-05-10 Small microscope created that allows existing mobile phone cameras to turn into high-res microscopes
- 2023-05-10 "We introduce a single-use real-time carbon dioxide monitor"
- 2023-05-10 Automated production line and bio chamber in new premises Greenlux
- 2023-05-09 World first in Antwerp port area: drone network officially launched
- 2023-05-04 "Benefits of buying wholesale plant pots for your greenhouse & nursery"
- 2023-05-04 Double spray boom for both irrigation and crop protection
- 2023-05-03 Priva launches software-only solution for efficient labor registration
- 2023-05-01 US: SAF shares resources to implement sustainable practices