Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
NL: 10th Breeders & Young Plant Producers Conference
On day one, Desch Plantpak and Floramedia opened the Conference with an overview of upcoming trends in sustainability in packaging, labels, pots etc. Henk van Wielink then introduced the new initiative Seed Experience in Enkhuizen. Company presentations are always a well appreciated part of the programme and this year, the Israeli breeder Danziger presented its current structure and activities. The final speaker of the day was Dr Jolanda Maas, behavioural scientist and Assistant Professor at the department of Clinical Psychology - VU University Amsterdam. She is specialized in research about the relationship between green space and health and advised how our industry can use this to our advantage.
Day two of the programme kicked off with Anke van den Hurk of Plantum giving us an update on the Nagoya Protocol, followed by an interactive panel discussion between captains of industry. Four speakers represented the breeders, distributors, retail and growers: Thomas Bousart (Dümmen Orange), Jacob Schneider (Schneider Young Plants), Rob Olsthoorn (OK-Plant) and Luc de Bruyne (Belgian retail expert) exchanged their views and expectations for the industry in 2025.
This year's keynote speaker was Dr James Bellini, a futurologist and author with a considerable reputation as a thought-provoking speaker around the world. Originating from the UK, James has spent more than twenty-five years as a respected TV broadcaster, future analyst and writer with a strong focus on social, economic and technological trends over the next ten to twenty years. He describes himself as ‘an historian of the future’, using the perspectives of history to analyse current realities and explore the shape of things to come.
As last year's company visit was very well received, the programme again foresaw a networking excursion. Waterdrinker is one of the largest global exporters of flowers, house and garden plants in the Netherlands. Its Cash & Carry is a showroom for the entire ornamental plant sector. The company's key customer groups are florists, garden centres, wholesalers and chain stores. Currently, the company is building a brand new Green Trade Center, an inspiring meeting place for the entire industry. The visit included presentations on Waterdrinker's view on how to improve their relationship with breeders and growers.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-01 Fresh Impact Tours 2023 brings IFPA to members backyards
- 2023-06-01 40th International Plant Fair from January 23 to 26, 2024 at Messe Essen
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention