Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
September 19-21, Padova
Italy: AIPH approves Flormart 2018 trade fair
AIPH has the role of approving international horticultural exhibitions and will actively promote participation in the event to its members around the world. AIPH members approved Flormart during its General Meeting on 26 September and the contract was signed between AIPH Secretary General, Tim Briercliffe and Geo Spa (owners of Flormart) Chairman, Andrea Olivi, on 18 October in Padova. Flormart also became an Affiliate Member of AIPH.
AIPH Secretary General, Tim Briercliffe and Geo Spa (owners of Flormart) Chairman, Andrea Olivi
Commenting on the approval Tim Briercliffe said “AIPH is delighted to have granted this approval to Flormart which is now only the second trade fair to have achieved this. We look forward to supporting this event in 2018 and helping this rapidly growing event to grow even more and become even more international.”
Flormart 2018 vision is that Green is the colour of the Future, for this reason the show will feature an Innovation hall for companies to display new production systems and technologies for smart agriculture, and urban regeneration and green and sustainable cities projects. A new Award focused on Plant and Trees, Young Plants, Sustainability and Innovation organised together with AIPH will be launched.
On behalf of Flormart Andrea Olivi commented “Our mission is to support Horticultural industry enhancing quality, sustainability and innovation in companies. We work on a continuative project of promotion of the sector all year long. We will organise several events focused on urban requalification in Italy, together with the Italian Ministry of the Environment to improve communication on green infrastructures in cities. Business meetings for Italian and foreign companies will be organised during the year in a selected foreign country to develop market opportunities. I believe that the partnership with AIPH represents a fundamental pillar for the future development of the exhibition and networking opportunities at an international scale”.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention
- 2023-05-22 US: Career development, connections, and industry intel on tap for SAF's Next Gen Live!
- 2023-05-22 Precision Growing: optimal plant balance discussed in webinar