Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
US (HI): Floriculture and nursery products value highest since 2009
Cut flowers totaled $6.33 million, up slightly from 2015. Cut and potted orchids were valued at $14.2 million, 2 percent below the previous year. Lei flowers pegged at $2.57 million, 8 percent higher than 2015. Foliage sales rose to $13.0 million, 5 percent more than the previous year. Potted flowering plants were valued at $3.92 million, 5 percent below the previous year.
Landscape plant material was estimated at $23.1 million, up 51 percent from 2015. Plant rentals decreased 12 percent from 2015, totaling $2.81 million. Bedding and garden plants wholesale value was at $2.54 million, 7 percent above last year.
Click here for more information.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 Ecuador’s agreements with China and Costa Rica are suspended
- 2023-05-31 EU considers granting drought relief to Spain
- 2023-05-31 UK: Grower warns industry would 'collapse' without migrant workers
- 2023-05-31 US (MT): Floriculture industry blooming with 50 farms on the map
- 2023-05-30 Westland gives three tonne grant to Westland water bank pilot
- 2023-05-30 "Wedding trends you need to know"
- 2023-05-30 'Appreciating flowers' carried out differently in the West and East
- 2023-05-29 “The excess of water and lack of sunshine has strongly impacted the productions from the north of France"
- 2023-05-29 US (IN): State floriculture sales top nearly $60M in 2022
- 2023-05-29 Iran: Opportunities and challenges in floriculture
- 2023-05-29 Global container production, once experiencing roomy growth, is now in a tight spot
- 2023-05-26 South Africa: Application to protect name 'Cape Flora' and logo approved
- 2023-05-26 NL: Undermining crime in agriculture and horticulture detected
- 2023-05-25 China: Rose plantation promises rosy future for farmers in China's Xinjiang
- 2023-05-25 Iran: Flowers and ornamental plants worth over $1m exported from Kordestan in a year
- 2023-05-25 Nigerian agro exports will see increased air cargo transportation
- 2023-05-25 More than 7,000 km2 of flooded land in Emilia Romagna
- 2023-05-24 India: State to promote orchid cultivation in Jalpaiguri, greenhouse to be set up
- 2023-05-24 Germany: Boosting the image of the begonia
- 2023-05-24 Growing beans or melons in China? Then, beware of the agriculture police