Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Australia: NGIA hosts free workshops at National Conference
Tuesday 20 February
Presented by Dr Alistair Gracie & Dr David Monckton, University of Tasmania
11.00am Horticultural Masterclass
In this workshop we will explore the benefits the Masterclass in Horticultural Business offers Australian horticulture from the point of view of the staff, collaborators, industry leaders and participants. You will learn about the “inner workings” of the course, who it is designed for and the advantages of the flexible delivery mode. Get a taste for the Masterclass by becoming a student for a while, listen to a lecture, complete a practical exercise and interact with others in the group. Listen to some of our past students talk about their journey and how they improved their business prospects through development of an enhanced business plan. Ask about where this diploma qualification can take you and have your questions answered.
Wednesday 21 February
Presented by Angus Stewart, Expert Breeder, Professional Horticulturist and Author
8.30am The art and science of plant breeding and selection
Nursery crops start with having the very best genetic potential available. Understanding the process of plant breeding and selection will better equip you to make the right choices for your business. It may even make sense to create your own varieties to give your nursery a unique edge in branding and marketing. Angus will take you through the various methods used by plant breeders to help you formulate a strategy to give your business the edge it needs when it comes to genetic potential and how to turn this into the best possible result.
10.40am 21st Century Plant Propagation - New technologies and techniques
Angus Stewart has spent a lifetime as a respected Australian plant breeder and propagation specialist. He will present new technologies and techniques for commercial plant propagation and discusses the choices of when to use these techniques in-house, or whether to outsource and purchase ready to use propagation stock. Production starts with having the best quality propagation stock of the right genetics at the right time. This workshop will focus on techniques and technologies that will help you achieve these goals.
Click here for more information and to register.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 "Vietnam has a huge potential to promote Gerbera"
- 2023-05-31 UK: HTA shines a spotlight on member and advocacy success at RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 Syngenta Flowers wins award for show garden at Shanghai International Flowers Show 2023
- 2023-05-31 UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
- 2023-05-30 “It is wonderful to see our plans coming together on the nursery”
- 2023-05-30 International honor for the Kortrijk Rose Garden: visit from the World Federation of Rose Societies (WFRS)
- 2023-05-30 UK: Glee visitors invited to GCA’s stand at the show
- 2023-05-30 Lily League is the voice of the Dutch Lily Days
- 2023-05-30 South Korea: Indoor flower show to open in Daegu
- 2023-05-26 Sion Young Plants to open its doors from June 6 to 16
- 2023-05-26 UK: Chelsea Flower Show garden damaged after Just Stop Oil protest
- 2023-05-26 Bangladesh: 20 officials to learn flower farming
- 2023-05-25 Still possible to join the Netherlands pavilion at Expo AgroAlimentaria Guanajuato, Mexico
- 2023-05-24 Flower industry boosts tourism in SW China's village
- 2023-05-24 Meet David Austin’s new rose star at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2023-05-24 Danziger to present cut flower novelties at FlowerTrials and IFTEX
- 2023-05-23 US: Attendees learn to respond & adapt to economic uncertainty at SAF Phoenix 2023
- 2023-05-23 US (CA): 2024 Fun 'N Sun Floral Convention
- 2023-05-22 US: Career development, connections, and industry intel on tap for SAF's Next Gen Live!
- 2023-05-22 Precision Growing: optimal plant balance discussed in webinar