- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Australia: NGIA hosts free workshops at National Conference
Tuesday 20 February
Presented by Dr Alistair Gracie & Dr David Monckton, University of Tasmania
11.00am Horticultural Masterclass
In this workshop we will explore the benefits the Masterclass in Horticultural Business offers Australian horticulture from the point of view of the staff, collaborators, industry leaders and participants. You will learn about the “inner workings” of the course, who it is designed for and the advantages of the flexible delivery mode. Get a taste for the Masterclass by becoming a student for a while, listen to a lecture, complete a practical exercise and interact with others in the group. Listen to some of our past students talk about their journey and how they improved their business prospects through development of an enhanced business plan. Ask about where this diploma qualification can take you and have your questions answered.
Wednesday 21 February
Presented by Angus Stewart, Expert Breeder, Professional Horticulturist and Author
8.30am The art and science of plant breeding and selection
Nursery crops start with having the very best genetic potential available. Understanding the process of plant breeding and selection will better equip you to make the right choices for your business. It may even make sense to create your own varieties to give your nursery a unique edge in branding and marketing. Angus will take you through the various methods used by plant breeders to help you formulate a strategy to give your business the edge it needs when it comes to genetic potential and how to turn this into the best possible result.
10.40am 21st Century Plant Propagation - New technologies and techniques
Angus Stewart has spent a lifetime as a respected Australian plant breeder and propagation specialist. He will present new technologies and techniques for commercial plant propagation and discusses the choices of when to use these techniques in-house, or whether to outsource and purchase ready to use propagation stock. Production starts with having the best quality propagation stock of the right genetics at the right time. This workshop will focus on techniques and technologies that will help you achieve these goals.
Click here for more information and to register.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival
- 2022-06-23 Floriexpo 2022: US B2B Floral Event
- 2022-06-23 Success for Writtle University College’s celebration of horticulture
- 2022-06-23 It has been a busy two weeks for Elsner PAC
- 2022-06-23 Plug & cutting conference 2022: "start seeding smarter solutions for better performance"