Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Australia: Daphne Perfume Princess is ready for retail shelves
From now onwards, this popular plant will be readily available in greater numbers to the retail market. This award winning plant has previously only been available in limited numbers.
Rich flowering & winter hardy
This is a cross between two different types of daphne, d. Odora which is rather finicky but grown for its rich perfume plus the tricky one to grow d. bholua known for its rich flowering and winter hardiness. (Jacqueline Postill is a cultivar of d. bholua).
Perfume Princess has a rich scented perfume of Odora but with the beautiful citrus undertones of d. bholua and longer flowering season with larger blooms.
Plant of the Year
It is capable of growing in full sun (both in Tesselaar’s trial gardens up to 40 deg C (full sun) and also outside in places like the hot and humid state of Alabama in the USA). Daphne Perfume Princess is both quick to grow (in almost most soils) and flower and more tolerant of most Daphne growing conditions.
This plant has already proved its merits as a consumer favourite and it won the Plant of the Year Award in Australia.
You can discuss Daphne Perfume Princess with the team on the Tesselaar stand at IPM Essen on stand E39 Hall 2.
For more information:
Anthony Tesselaar International Pty Ltd
327 Monbulk Road,
SILVAN, Victoria 3795, Australia
T: +61 3 9737 9568
F: +61 3 9737 9899
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- 2023-05-29 "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- 2023-05-11 Top tips for selling your planter and container inventory
- 2023-04-14 Ikea recalls the Ficus Microcarpa Ginseng plant due to the presence of a nematode
- 2023-04-12 "Helianthus ‘SunCatcher’ meets all the requirements"
- 2023-03-15 Webcam watches to see Moonflower cactus plant flowering
- 2023-02-20 Livetrends Pottery available at Deroose Plants USA
- 2023-01-06 The art of recycled plastic
- 2022-12-23 “These pots do not only make gardens beautiful this winter, they also keeps them sustainable”
- 2022-12-22 "Red poinsettia varieties with guaranteed success every festive season"
- 2022-12-22 "Artificial colorization of plants harmless for people and plants"
- 2022-12-13 Christmas begins in July for CALS poinsettia researcher
- 2022-11-25 Proven Winners must-have annuals for spring
- 2022-11-09 Dümmen Orange and Schneider to collaborate on rooting and sales of perennials
- 2022-11-07 UK halts poinsettia import
- 2022-11-07 CA: Burlington woman's entrepreneurial success rooted in plants
- 2022-10-27 "A plant with many advantages"
- 2022-10-25 This London 'plant dating' pop-up helps match plantparents and their plants
- 2022-10-24 Heat-tolerant and water-saving: the large-flowered kalanchoe series “calor”
- 2022-10-24 "Thanks to Taylor Swift’s song, lavender now linked to romance"