Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Sphagnum peat moss influence on physical properties of growing media
The sphagnum cells are thin-walled cells with large cavities and their function is to absorb and transport water. An important characteristic of the sphagnum cells is that they have lignified walls in the form of rings, spirals or plates. These prevent the cells from collapsing when they dry out. By keeping peat suitably wet, optimum conditions of moisture and aeration can be maintained.
The functions of a growing medium are: a water reservoir for plant uptake, a nutrient holding/exchange system, a place for gaseous exchange for root systems and an anchor point for a plant's roots.
Read more at PRO-MIX (Lance Lawson)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-25 Fertilizer affordability starts to improve after two turbulent years
- 2023-05-16 FloraLife introduces new product to hydrate and condition post-harvest hydrangea crops
- 2023-05-03 Ensuring proper fertilizer concentration in greenhouse growing
- 2023-05-02 Yara results down because of declining market prices
- 2023-04-24 How to calculate fertilizer rates?
- 2023-04-20 Vase Life Study results of Roses, Alstroemeria, and Chrysanthemum using FloraLife Flower Food
- 2023-04-20 Plant vaccines delivered via microneedle could offer alternative to chemical spraying
- 2023-04-17 What unique benefits do plants get from biofungicide and mycorrhizae?
- 2023-04-07 Griffin adds Hortus USA products to US and Canada portfolio
- 2023-04-06 Two big announcements for Actinovate
- 2023-03-14 Fertilizer producer returns to profit after huge loss in 2021
- 2023-03-13 Should you tank mix your pesticides?
- 2023-02-17 "EU should be less dependent on imported fertilizers"
- 2023-02-06 High-tech test and innovation center for Dutch biostimulant producer
- 2023-01-11 Bee Vectoring Technologies and BioSafe Systems start selling CR-7 products into foliar and soil drench markets
- 2022-12-15 Effects of water balance on cut flower postharvest performance
- 2022-12-12 “It is one of the ‘star shows’ on the Indian sub-continent and across the wider East Asian area”
- 2022-11-30 Jewel orchid’s biological and physiological response to aquaponic water as potential fertilizer
- 2022-11-23 Vietnam: Agricultural sector aims to increase use of organic fertilizer
- 2022-11-16 "First shipment of Russian fertilizer marks breakthrough in global supply crunch"