- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- Ecuador: Protests end after agreement, long-term consequences for economy
- Improvement of water quality is stagnating, what's the problem?
- Dümmen Orange shows full support for Flower Inspiration Days in Malaysia
- This New Zealand family has been breeding great roses since 1947
Top 5 -last week
- Update: Lasso cut fuel prices, protesters lift some blockades, but economy still largely halted
- 30% more yield in gerbera thanks to adding Nano fertilizer
- From supplying 3 months a year to Europe only to supplying worldwide year-round
- Almere residents fear they will pay for Floriade disappointment
- "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
Top 5 -last month
February 21-23, Milan
Myplant & Garden 2018: New entries, Décor Distric and the world markets
The three halls
The three halls are almost ready for the next edition of Myplant & Garden, and the 8 macro-sectors represented in the fair are steadily spreading on the 45,000 sqm of exhibiting space.
In hall 20, side by side to the ripe presence of companies in the industry of nurseries and garden care, there will also be the important names of motor garden. The industry will also have an outdoor area of 300 sqm for demonstrations between halls 16 and 20. Green building and outdoor (swimming pools included) are expanding on an ever larger area, which has its peak in the ‘landscape area’ – launched in the last edition -- where meetings and the presence of international design studios will live side by side. The life of hall 20 will also be enriched by the seminars area and by a group of companies in the Urban Green Management department.
Hall 16 is well represented by the sectors of horticulture, services for the companies, pots and professional containers and garden care. An exhibition with the theme of landscape is planned to be installed as well.
Hall 12, which is connected to hall 16 and will have its own independent entrance, is the new entry in this fourth edition of the fair. Hall 12 will be the area most rich in innovations for this edition as far as content, initiatives and exhibiting sectors are concerned. Side by side to well-known companies in horticulture, garden care and accessories for the outdoor -- such as barbecues, that will also have an outdoor area for demonstrations -- the popular Garden Center New Trend event will open once again its doors with its third edition. This year the Garden Center New Trend will be divided into 6 areas that will follow the ‘small concept, smart business’ notion.
Half of hall 12 will transform into a colourful, bright and animated Décor District with flower fashion runways, exhibits and exceptional settings, and flower-design contests with international masters of decoration. There will also be art&craft labs, photo shooting sessions, music themes and a high profile lounge area where the new trends of flower decoration and indoor&outdoor décor will find their dimension.
Following the business theme, a new edition of GAME (Garden Meeting) will take place. GAME is the event dedicated to retailers in the garden industry, with a big arena open to meetings surrounded by exclusive exhibiting areas. The GDS Break cycle of meetings, instead, will welcome the protagonists of GDS and the companies in the sector, who will face one another on the theme for 2018: ‘Selling the garden in GDS -- Service, sales experience and fidelity’.
The most original and current themes in the green industry will attract once again the professionals in the field, from the world of landscape design to that of retail, from production to research. Experts, research centers, universities, professional orders, opinion leaders, international stakeholders, publishing houses, consortiums and institutions will confront themselves on the following topics: #bonusverde, circular economy and bio-economy, monumental trees, new laws, professional and technical education, weeding (rules, techniques, etc.), trees in the city, underground landscapes (roots &co.), maintenance and design, historic parks, professional gardening, the healing powers of plants, creative contests of landscape design, top products showcase and the trends of international markets.
The international markets
Thanks to the partnership with Euromonitor International – the research institute on global markets – Myplant & Garden is able to offer a preview of the trends of the main international markets. These themes (opportunities, prospects, etc.), will be presented during the days of the fair.
The value of the world gardening market (source: Euromonitor International) has reached 83 billion USD in 2016. The biggest players are the USA, followed by some European countries and Japan. Italy is placed 7, with good signals of growth.
In order to give trust and invigorate once again production and export, Myplant & Garden has expanded the net of international contacts by welcoming foreign buyers from all continents. The organization intends to augment the quantity and quality of international buyers with the objective of welcoming 150 official delegations.
Gardening in the USA
The value of the gardening industry in the USA has grown with 3% in 2016 (34 billion USD). The value of sales should reach 34.9 billion USD in 2021.
Gardening in Germany
In Germany the growth has been of 1% (8 billion USD). Record in the sale of plants, trees and shrubs.
Gardening in France
The industry has reached 5.6 billion USD in 2016. The situation is stable, with a good perspective for the coming years.
Gardening in the UK
In 2016, a growth of 2% has been registered (5.5 billion USD).
Gardening in Japan
In 2016, a growth of 2% (4 billion USD) shows a positive environment both on plants for interior and outdoor.
Gardening in Italy
Since 2014, Italy was at the 7th place on the charts of the international industry. In 2016 the country has reached a market value of 3 billion USD, with the prevision of a slow growth.
For more information:
Myplant & Garden
Tel. (+39) 02 6889080
Fax (+39) 02 60737218
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-04 Colombian floriculture was awarded 2 gold medals at the AIPH 2022 International Grower of the Year Awards
- 2022-07-04 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stage the RHS Flower School
- 2022-07-04 Proven Winners announces its landscape roadshow at the Cincinnati Zoo
- 2022-07-04 Improvement of water quality is stagnating, what's the problem?
- 2022-07-01 Mayer international team finally meats in person at event in Hungary
- 2022-07-01 "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- 2022-07-01 US (FL): Funding the future of Floriculture and AFE Reception
- 2022-07-01 SAF's 2022 competition invites growers to show standout varieties
- 2022-06-30 Meeting the creatives who designed American Flowers Week 2022 Botanical Couture Collection
- 2022-06-30 "Accepting the community as a designer key to success with urban farming"
- 2022-06-30 Thousands headed to the RHS Garden Harlow Carr Flower Show to mark the start of the flower show season
- 2022-06-30 RBG’s Iconic Rose Garden in bloom for summer
- 2022-06-30 US (IA): “Testing the Best in the Midwest”
- 2022-06-28 Solar greenhouse idea wins Schneider Go Green student competition
- 2022-06-27 Polish city authorities at Floriade
- 2022-06-27 Fun, flowers and floristry in the UK
- 2022-06-24 Looking back at FlowerTrials 2022
- 2022-06-24 US (CA): Family rich in farming heritage to host Field to Vase Dinner
- 2022-06-24 Horticultural Trades Association launches its first ornamental grower of year awards
- 2022-06-23 Spotlight on British cut flowers as Flowers from the Farm stages the RHS Flower School at the RHS Hampton Court Palace Garden Festival