- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US: Jim Eason joins Bower & Branch Board of Directors
“Bower & Branch is positioned to take advantage of the growing consumer demand for access to larger mature plants through online and mobile shopping. One of the biggest threats to the traditional distribution channel is the recently announced Amazon Plant Store. While both Amazon and Bower & Branch saw double and triple digit sales increases in 2017, the traditional plant distribution channel only saw low to mid-single digit increases which were substantially made up of price increases to absorb increased costs of doing business. I believe Bower & Branch has developed a more advantageous distribution model that will better serve plant retailers of all types and the growers supplying them than the Amazon model”, says Eason.
“Bower & Branch offers a dynamic portal to reach retail consumers,” said Sid Raisch, President and CEO of Bower & Branch. “Bower & Branch has made it a habit of looking ahead to prepare for future opportunities to bring more consumers together with plants. The opportunity is here and the time is now. We know homeowners will make online plant purchases and either pick them up in store or have them delivered and installed by someone they trust. In fact, over 5,000 trees have been sold online and shipped through our ecommerce platform and distribution systems”, added Raisch.
In 2017, over 400,000 consumers shopped at BowerandBranch.com resulting in an online sales increase exceeding 100%, directly benefiting Retailer Members. “This growth rate is controlled as we build infrastructure and expand our product lines and service regions further. Our business model prioritizes plant health and the health of the local economy by doing business with local retailers and growers. Raisch continued, “We have cracked the code for companion item sales with well over 60% of our customers buying our Bower & Branch Elements brand of Fertilizer, Planting Mix, and Watering System."
“In 2018, Bower & Branch will move to aggressively expand products lines, retailer locations and services providers towards the end goal of a national network. We welcome Jim as a trusted advisor for Bower & Branch” said Don Eaton, founder of Bower & Branch. Raisch added, “I have known Jim well for over 25 years, always appreciating his keen interest in plant genetics, forward thinking about business systems, and concern for the future well being of the families and employees in our industry. As more consumers buy online and ask for a wider range of products, Jim has his eye on how we will provide them. We’ll be working closely together to further develop our member sales and ordering systems.”
For more information:
Bower & Branch
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 New recruitment agency Your Link kicks off
- 2022-07-01 Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
- 2022-07-01 Urban Crop Solutions and Mayer Planting Systems join forces
- 2022-07-01 Ecoation to partner with Mexican University
- 2022-07-01 Van Beest Groothandel takes over Trans-Fleur
- 2022-07-01 CAG applauds U.S. House of Representatives Introduction of the "Don Young American Grown Act"
- 2022-06-30 Marginpar has new headquarters and a whole new IT system
- 2022-06-30 Import Promotion Desk (IPD) welcomes Kenya as a new partner country
- 2022-06-30 Marketing material for American Grown Flowers Month 2022
- 2022-06-30 Ewout Valstar uses growing experience in new job: "Looking for opportunities to save energy"
- 2022-06-30 Groenland and L&M Groep join forces to become One Flora Group
- 2022-06-30 Bioline Agroscience is launching the first rhizobacterial-based biostimulant
- 2022-06-29 Kisumu horticulture exports to UK resume after three-month break
- 2022-06-29 "The sensors of 30MHz are indispensable items in every grower’s toolbox"
- 2022-06-29 Blue Diamond relaunches charity rose Queen Bee
- 2022-06-29 S. Korean smart farm technology creates cooling greenhouses in Vietnam
- 2022-06-29 "Our goal is to fully automate horticulture, thereby unburdening growers"
- 2022-06-28 Dispute between horti suppliers ends with no patent infringement
- 2022-06-28 Third Trophée d'Or 2022 for Floréac
- 2022-06-28 Touchstone wins first place in Lily League 2022