- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Australian native flowers provide a true seasonality and florists love this variety, variability in supply”
- "Stunning genetics under the tropical sun in Singapore"
- Designed glasshouse unfolds like a flower in just four minutes
- Greenhouse plastic boom blights Vietnam’s vegetable and flower basket
- Plantipp and Concept Plants scoop prizes
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
"NL: "Floriworld will be new international attraction"
Initiators and developers have formalised the agreements and have been assured of the commitment of the entire horticultural sector. In Floriworld they will show what flowers and plants can mean in daily life and thus stimulate the worldwide demand for flowers and plants.
It's an experience centre that will foster a green feeling among the many international tourists who visit the greater Amsterdam metropolitan area. Floriworld has been the topic of discussion for several years. Especially in the last year, hard work has been going on behind the scenes on the follow-up to the feasibility of Floriworld.
Until 2025 the forecast is an annual growth of 3% in foreign tourists to the Netherlands. And Keukenhof has again experienced an increase to 1.4 million visitors. The growing interest for the Netherlands and for flowers is a positive starting point for the realisation of Floriworld.
The parties involved
At the beginning of December 2017, the parties involved (Koninklijke VolkerWessels onderneming KondorWessels Projecten, Dutch Experience Group, Royal FloraHolland and Flower Council Holland) took the last step. In a joint meeting with a representative from the entire horticultural sector (breeders, growers, trading companies and horticultural promotion), all of the parties listed agreed on their commitment, and it can now be confirmed that Floriworld will be realised.
Royal FloraHolland: major shareholder
Royal FloraHolland is an important partner in its realisation and will be a major shareholder in the Floriworld foundation along with Flower Council Holland and Dutch Experience Group. There will also be monitoring of the activities in this experience centre to uncover whether they really lead to an increased demand for flowers and plants.
Start of construction
Construction is expected to start in the second half of 2018, with the pre-opening planned in time for the Trade Fair 2019 in Aalsmeer.
Source: Royal FloraHolland
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-15 US (OH): ScottsMiracle-Gro reduces outlook for sales
- 2022-06-07 The opportunities and possibilities of a single packaging unit sticker
- 2022-06-02 Five points to consider when developing flower industry website
- 2022-05-24 ‘Must-have’ houseplant to add property value
- 2022-05-19 Elements for a successful website design
- 2022-04-22 ‘European Central Bank must act soon to avoid currency crisis’
- 2022-04-13 How to prepare for Mother’s Day
- 2022-03-25 All #LoveNotWar flower hearts listed in an interactive e-magazine
- 2022-03-24 8 pink roses to celebrate UK mother's day 2022
- 2022-03-16 Colombia joins the global campaign #LoveNotWar
- 2022-03-14 The floral message of hope: Flowerhearts placed all over the world
- 2022-03-10 Royal FloraHolland organizes benefit auction for Giro555 on 14 March
- 2022-02-02 "As it's generic promotion for the cut flowers and greens, all industry participants will benefit"
- 2022-01-27 World of Sprayroses presents new E-Magazine
- 2022-01-19 Marketing challenges in 2022 and how to solve them
- 2022-01-19 “As an industry, we need to bring the message that people can improve their life with flowers”
- 2021-11-24 How digital marketing can boost floral sales
- 2021-11-19 Cut chrysanthemum Ilonka stars in promotional campaign
- 2021-10-26 'Increasing Demand and Satisfaction in the Floral Industry'
- 2021-10-21 Fall marketing ideas for floral businesses