Top 5 - yesterday
- CAN (SK): “The flowers take a long time to start growing but it is worth it because they are so beautiful”
- Plants remove cancer causing toxins from air
- Use of prohydrojasmon to suppress Frankliniella occidentalis and tomato spotted wilt virus in chrysanthemums
- Kuehne+Nagel announces management changes in Middle East and Africa region
- UK: Award-winning Chelsea Flower Show garden to go on display in Hampshire
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Tracking and shipping: Tips to reach your business goals
In general terms, the shipping process is not the only one you should track. All your internal processes can be trackable to get an overall view of your business, but when it comes to inventory you need to use a loop to be aware of every detail.
Keep the following tips on the radar to have control of your warehouse processes:
Avoid inventory discrepancies
Let’s begin by making sure that the products you have available in the system are exactly the ones stored at the warehouse. For better control, Komet recommends using scanners. Once the product has arrived at your warehouse, you can scan it under the option Receiving in Komet, which will allow that your sales team knows the inventory available.
Identify inventory discrepancies
However, if you have doubts about the amounts of physical and virtual inventory, go to the Shipping tab and download the Discrepancies Report, a document with the details of your inventory, where you can find, for example, items that are already sold in the system but haven’t been scanned as shipped.
Know the exact location of your products
It is important to classify and organize your products into shelves. With Komet, after scanning the boxes, you can start printing all the rack labels, so you can be aware of the exact position of every single box.
Receiving the orders for the shipping process
With every single product in the right place, it’s time to ship the orders to your customers. For your Warehouse Management team, the first step is to print the pick tickets and shipping labels so that the pullers can search the stored products on the shelves. Meanwhile, you can use Komet to analyze the time and productivity of the pullers you assigned the orders to.
Finally, the shipping process finishes with the carriers, who are in charge of driving the products right to your customer’s door, and from this point, the tracking process depends on third parties, that’s why Komet has an integration tool with Armellini and Prime, so that you can be aware of the delivery process.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 Port of Los Angeles handled 688,000 TEUs in April
- 2023-05-31 WFS to boost logistics infrastructure at BLR as perishables trade grows
- 2023-05-25 'Generally stable waiting times for ports in North and Latin America anticipated'
- 2023-05-24 Chrysal expands its services for sea freight of flowers
- 2023-05-23 LATAM Cargo, Kuehne+Nagel and Elite Flower invest in sustainable aviation fuel
- 2023-05-22 Avianca Cargo breaks record in flower transport
- 2023-05-19 LATAM Cargo closes Mother's Day by transporting close to 20.000 tons of flowers during the season
- 2023-05-19 US (NY): Customs at JFK discover live larvae among plastic flowers
- 2023-05-17 Application of antiperspirants to improve the condition of ornamental plants in refrigerated longdistance transport
- 2023-05-17 NL: Flowers won't grow at Schiphol airport as it focuses on cargo quality not quantity
- 2023-05-12 Flowers arriving at Miami International Airport to meet demand for Mother's Day
- 2023-05-12 US (FL): "30% more flower shipments received for Mother's Day 2023"
- 2023-05-10 Air France KLM Martinair Cargo takes next steps in digital commercial approach
- 2023-05-09 UK road transport prices hit April record as double-digit inflation remains
- 2023-05-03 US (FL): "Floral imports on track to this point"
- 2023-04-28 Priority given to flowers in Latin American transport
- 2023-04-27 Turkish Cargo and Avianca Cargo sign an MoU to further enhance their cooperation with global reach
- 2023-04-19 Aero Africa handles first Nairobi-Muscat SalamAir freighter
- 2023-04-17 Shifts in diversity in carriers’ reliability
- 2023-04-12 "With growth in online sales, demand for processing also grows"