Top 5 - yesterday
- "Japanese genetics, Dutch breeding and trials in warm climates'"
- Floranova to showcase new and flagship varieties at FlowerTrials 2023
- US (IA): "Florists feel like they're getting old product from the wholesalers"
- US: Last-minute rush of donation brings flowers to every grave at Arlington
- Dissolved oxygen platform launched
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “Carnations have made a comeback; being seen as trendy again”
International Floriculture Expo delivers on #HappyHealthyFlowers
IFE partnered with Flower Box at Maine Medical Center to assemble bouquets which included gift tags sending well wishes. Volunteers delivered bouquets to patients in different departments over the course of several weeks, including the Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital, patients receiving cancer treatments, departments catering specifically to elderly patients, women on the pre-natal floor experiencing pregnancy complications and patients recovering from an array of surgeries.
Overall, patients have been overjoyed. Flower Box volunteers reported that one 96-year-old patient remarked that she could not have been happier and that “receiving the flowers made her feel like a queen.”
IFE Event Director, Christine Salmon, said “As we embrace the season of giving, it’s a wonderful feeling that the awareness campaign inspired the floral community to participate in a small act of kindness that impacted multiple lives. The power of giving flowers is remarkable and we thank everyone in the industry and beyond who participated in this campaign.”
The awareness campaign resulted in nearly 17,000 social media impressions and over 200 submissions promoting the proven benefits of giving and receiving flowers, evidenced by studies from both Rutgers University and Harvard University. IFE aims to support the industry and continue to spread awareness of the benefits of flowers through yearly donation campaigns such as #happyhealthyflowers.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-26 "Celebrating achievements and empowering women in the green industry"
- 2023-05-22 Senetti lines in London for the coronation of King Charles III
- 2023-05-02 Honoring veterans with flowers on Memorial Day weekend
- 2023-05-01 Sion launches new ‘Step into the light’ facade campaign on the Dutch highway
- 2023-04-27 UK: Kiosks & websites to feature royal clematis and roses for coronation
- 2023-04-26 Gardening Know How announces 2022 sponsorship recipients
- 2023-04-25 US (FL): Venice in Bloom Team plants Sun Parasol Prize
- 2023-04-11 Flower hats blooming in popularity
- 2023-04-05 Digital promotion of Explorer roses : "A Big red success with impact!"
- 2023-04-03 That Flower Feeling thanks Miley Cyrus for being the unofficial ambassador for flowers
- 2023-03-22 PopUp Garden now available for consumers
- 2023-03-22 US: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation and KidsGardening announce the 2023 GroMoreGood Grassroots grantees
- 2023-03-17 Kicking off Spring with Senetti in Philly
- 2023-03-15 Outdoor plants campaign to be relaunched in the Netherlands and Germany
- 2023-03-15 NL: Evanthia offers diversity and connection at Keukenhof
- 2023-03-08 "You want to go deeper, find the connection with the company and be able to visualize it again"
- 2023-03-02 Addenda kicks off Campanula season
- 2023-02-15 Custom and branded plant pots – "the differentiator you need"
- 2023-02-14 "Covid killed the roses"
- 2023-02-14 Royal Van Zanten boosts chain marketing with creative content