- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Senior Growing (Horticulture) Technician - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Innovative low oxygen box extends cut flower shelf life
- "We plan to leverage the breeding powerhouse, advanced technologies that Ball has invested in"
- Trial shows potential of single stem marigold cut flowers for vase, bouquet use
- “Father of the South American flower industry”
- Vaughan’s Horticulture announces the unexpected passing of beloved employee Matt Willoughby
Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal
Schroll's production location in Portugal.
Schroll Flowers breeds their varieties in Denmark and for several years produced young plants and half finished on their more than 30 ha in Portugal and finished them on 15 ha in Denmark. Last year, however, Schroll Flowers did some trials with finishing hydrangeas in Portugal and after receiving positive feedback from their customers, they decided to finish the garden size hydrangeas for the spring season 2018 in Portugal. "The high light levels in Portugal, enables us to grow a stronger and higher quality crop than the traditional greenhouse production which can be quite soft in the spring", says Soren Schroll co-owner of the company.
Soren Schroll, Mariolla Dolleris Schroll and Sergiy Petrenko at the IPM Essen
So, from now till around the first of July, they will ship finished hydrangeas directly from their site in Portugal to customers all over Europe as well as to their locations in Denmark for further distribution. "We cannot finish the hydrangeas in Portugal in the high summer after end of June, because the weather will be too hot. But at that time the weather in Denmark is perfect for hydrangeas so sales from first of July will be based on forcing in Denmark."
Around 20 finished varieties will be grown at their site in Portugal in large scale. The garden size plants are mainly produced in a 4 liter pot for Schroll Flowers' own customers and in a 5 liter pot for customers by De Jong Plant BV in Holland. Besides the garden size Schroll Flowers also produces the indoor sizes P10.5 and P13 in large scale both in Portugal and in Denmark.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-01-15 Life goals: Living in a greenhouse
- 2021-01-14 UK: Virtual rep visits from The Bransford Webbs Plant Company
- 2021-01-12 Canada: Indigo Rain Flower Farm to provide local, ‘grown not flown’ cut flowers
- 2021-01-12 "2020 has been a challenging year to sell white roses"
- 2021-01-11 Netherlands: A look inside this high-tech chrysanthemum greenhouse
- 2021-01-07 Dutch entrepreneurs start new tulip nursery in Poland
- 2021-01-07 Netherlands: VDE plant in the spotlight at OZ Planten
- 2021-01-06 US: Interview with Tammy Sons of Tennessee wholesale nursery
- 2021-01-05 Growing a passion for flowers
- 2021-01-04 Expansion of UK migration scheme to support 2021 harvest
- 2021-01-04 Aris Horticulture Inc. celebrates 100 years in business
- 2020-12-24 CAN (BC): "Commitment has only grown stronger"
- 2020-12-24 US (OH): Owners of North Jackson greenhouse show appreciation for local health care workers
- 2020-12-23 Produce Marketing Association hails passage of COVID-19 stimulus package
- 2020-12-23 Ecuador: Matter.ngo pledges support to Forever Flowers through the donation of farming equipment
- 2020-12-22 AU: Supporting business growth through formal education
- 2020-12-22 Dutch minister Schouten meets Florensis online
- 2020-12-22 UK ministers to treble number of foreign fruit and veg pickers to counter harvesting problems
- 2020-12-21 TreeTown USA announces rebrand
- 2020-12-18 "Our culture has enabled us over the years to produce and deliver quality roses"
I purchased 2 hydrangeas from Walmart with a Schroll tag (88-09-02) Deep Red. My questin is if the color will stay deep red after ground planting or if the soil needs to be adjusted to maintain this color?
connie gist, killen - 2018/03/27 00:36:43.000
I just received a Schroll hydrangea- Pink Sunset. Can I plant it in the ground? How do I do so-instructions as to depth, space, food, light etc. Thank you for your help!
judith b. raphaeli, Baltimore - 2018/05/17 21:19:01.000
I bought a Deep Red Hydrangea from Wal mart (88-09-02 MY QUESTION IS COULD i PLANT IT OUTSIDE before fall starts.
Arlene Annella Reed, Lithia Springs - 2018/09/11 00:59:09.000