- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
- Greenhouse Production Manager - Heho (Shan State) Myanmar
- Account Manager Benelux
- Cut Flower Sales Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal
Schroll's production location in Portugal.
Schroll Flowers breeds their varieties in Denmark and for several years produced young plants and half finished on their more than 30 ha in Portugal and finished them on 15 ha in Denmark. Last year, however, Schroll Flowers did some trials with finishing hydrangeas in Portugal and after receiving positive feedback from their customers, they decided to finish the garden size hydrangeas for the spring season 2018 in Portugal. "The high light levels in Portugal, enables us to grow a stronger and higher quality crop than the traditional greenhouse production which can be quite soft in the spring", says Soren Schroll co-owner of the company.
Soren Schroll, Mariolla Dolleris Schroll and Sergiy Petrenko at the IPM Essen
So, from now till around the first of July, they will ship finished hydrangeas directly from their site in Portugal to customers all over Europe as well as to their locations in Denmark for further distribution. "We cannot finish the hydrangeas in Portugal in the high summer after end of June, because the weather will be too hot. But at that time the weather in Denmark is perfect for hydrangeas so sales from first of July will be based on forcing in Denmark."
Around 20 finished varieties will be grown at their site in Portugal in large scale. The garden size plants are mainly produced in a 4 liter pot for Schroll Flowers' own customers and in a 5 liter pot for customers by De Jong Plant BV in Holland. Besides the garden size Schroll Flowers also produces the indoor sizes P10.5 and P13 in large scale both in Portugal and in Denmark.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-13 Taiwan: Flower farm becomes tourist hotspot for its ‘Golden Flower Tunnel’
- 2019-06-13 A peek inside a 10.5 ha Armenian greenhouse
- 2019-06-12 UK: Wyevale Nurseries staff to hike and cycle in aid of The Cart Shed charity
- 2019-06-12 "The Frog is with Us"
- 2019-06-11 Kenya: Magana Flowers rebrands with target on new markets, customers and staff
- 2019-06-11 Flowers from the Farm Midlands celebrate British Flowers Week BBC Gardeners’ World Live
- 2019-06-10 Some orchid nurseries have a history of changing crops
- 2019-06-10 Greek grower, Australian breeder bring exotic novelties to FlowerTrials
- 2019-06-07 Turkey: 500 varieties of succulents in a 0.3 hectare greenhouse
- 2019-06-07 From a windowsill to three National Collections
- 2019-06-06 Iran: Every spring, rose fields become rose water
- 2019-06-05 NL: New greenhouse, heating and NGG installations are nearing completion
- 2019-06-05 How the Kenyan floriculture industry seeks to meet consumer's demands
- 2019-06-05 Danish nursery ready for cannabis cultivation
- 2019-06-04 Come admire newest facilities at Plantpeddler's
- 2019-06-03 NL: "Year round lilies of the same quality"
- 2019-06-03 "Time to consolidate after 6 years of rapid growth"
- 2019-05-31 US (KY): ColorPoint making transition to hemp
- 2019-05-30 Poland: Visionary microreproduction
- 2019-05-30 Digitalis Firebird wins Chelsea Award
I purchased 2 hydrangeas from Walmart with a Schroll tag (88-09-02) Deep Red. My questin is if the color will stay deep red after ground planting or if the soil needs to be adjusted to maintain this color?
connie gist, killen - 2018/03/27 00:36:43.000
I just received a Schroll hydrangea- Pink Sunset. Can I plant it in the ground? How do I do so-instructions as to depth, space, food, light etc. Thank you for your help!
judith b. raphaeli, Baltimore - 2018/05/17 21:19:01.000
I bought a Deep Red Hydrangea from Wal mart (88-09-02 MY QUESTION IS COULD i PLANT IT OUTSIDE before fall starts.
Arlene Annella Reed, Lithia Springs - 2018/09/11 00:59:09.000