- European regional agent and new sales manager
- Head Grower - Owatonna (Minnesota) USA
- Teeltspecialist (Proeftuin & Veredeling) - Hendrik-Ido-Ambacht, Netherlands
- Farm Manager - Riana, Tasmania, Australia
- Industry Development Manager - Rocklea, Australia
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Farm manager / Senior grower seeking for his next role
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Crop Team Manager Hydroponics - USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (New York) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal
Schroll's production location in Portugal.
Schroll Flowers breeds their varieties in Denmark and for several years produced young plants and half finished on their more than 30 ha in Portugal and finished them on 15 ha in Denmark. Last year, however, Schroll Flowers did some trials with finishing hydrangeas in Portugal and after receiving positive feedback from their customers, they decided to finish the garden size hydrangeas for the spring season 2018 in Portugal. "The high light levels in Portugal, enables us to grow a stronger and higher quality crop than the traditional greenhouse production which can be quite soft in the spring", says Soren Schroll co-owner of the company.
Soren Schroll, Mariolla Dolleris Schroll and Sergiy Petrenko at the IPM Essen
So, from now till around the first of July, they will ship finished hydrangeas directly from their site in Portugal to customers all over Europe as well as to their locations in Denmark for further distribution. "We cannot finish the hydrangeas in Portugal in the high summer after end of June, because the weather will be too hot. But at that time the weather in Denmark is perfect for hydrangeas so sales from first of July will be based on forcing in Denmark."
Around 20 finished varieties will be grown at their site in Portugal in large scale. The garden size plants are mainly produced in a 4 liter pot for Schroll Flowers' own customers and in a 5 liter pot for customers by De Jong Plant BV in Holland. Besides the garden size Schroll Flowers also produces the indoor sizes P10.5 and P13 in large scale both in Portugal and in Denmark.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-03-27 Challenging times for U.S. industry, but "this too shall pass"
- 2020-03-27 Donations, no direct sales from the nursery: Danish grower PKM supports partners
- 2020-03-25 A happy little miracle in dark times: The plant nursery business is booming
- 2020-03-25 A brief history of the 2011 crisis versus the current situation facing the world in 2020
- 2020-03-24 US (NC): A flower farmer innovates; a farmers market opens with caution
- 2020-03-23 CAN (ON): Flower greenhouse loses all Easter orders
- 2020-03-18 American Horticultural Society honors Dan Heims with Luther Burbank Award
- 2020-03-18 Inside South Africa's biggest orchid business
- 2020-03-12 UK: Provender Nurseries and Hadlow College growing stock with student support
- 2020-03-12 J Schwanke’s Life in Bloom, season one recap: Flower farms
- 2020-03-12 André Knoppert & Zn. joins Decorum
- 2020-03-11 UK: Fairford grown flowers head for Chelsea
- 2020-03-11 Matt Hutchins celebrates 5 years with Millcreek Gardens
- 2020-03-11 US (MN): Len Busch Roses preparing for spring tulips
- 2020-03-10 Barendse Freesia innovates with high tech three-tier cultivation
- 2020-03-06 US (NC): Flowers, vegetables grown in place of tobacco in greenhouses
- 2020-03-06 UK: Shropshire rose growers hoping business will bloom after floods
- 2020-03-06 Flower farmers at work in east China's Anhui Province
- 2020-03-06 Who run the world? Girls!
- 2020-03-06 US (NC): High school students explore horticulture at New Event
I purchased 2 hydrangeas from Walmart with a Schroll tag (88-09-02) Deep Red. My questin is if the color will stay deep red after ground planting or if the soil needs to be adjusted to maintain this color?
connie gist, killen - 2018/03/27 00:36:43.000
I just received a Schroll hydrangea- Pink Sunset. Can I plant it in the ground? How do I do so-instructions as to depth, space, food, light etc. Thank you for your help!
judith b. raphaeli, Baltimore - 2018/05/17 21:19:01.000
I bought a Deep Red Hydrangea from Wal mart (88-09-02 MY QUESTION IS COULD i PLANT IT OUTSIDE before fall starts.
Arlene Annella Reed, Lithia Springs - 2018/09/11 00:59:09.000