- Fruit Business Manager - Hong Kong SAR
- Regional Sales Manager - Northern EU
- Irrigation Manager - Cressy (Tasmania) Australia
- Verkoop Assistent Duitse Retail - Bleiswijk
- Packhouse Manager - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal
Schroll's production location in Portugal.
Schroll Flowers breeds their varieties in Denmark and for several years produced young plants and half finished on their more than 30 ha in Portugal and finished them on 15 ha in Denmark. Last year, however, Schroll Flowers did some trials with finishing hydrangeas in Portugal and after receiving positive feedback from their customers, they decided to finish the garden size hydrangeas for the spring season 2018 in Portugal. "The high light levels in Portugal, enables us to grow a stronger and higher quality crop than the traditional greenhouse production which can be quite soft in the spring", says Soren Schroll co-owner of the company.
Soren Schroll, Mariolla Dolleris Schroll and Sergiy Petrenko at the IPM Essen
So, from now till around the first of July, they will ship finished hydrangeas directly from their site in Portugal to customers all over Europe as well as to their locations in Denmark for further distribution. "We cannot finish the hydrangeas in Portugal in the high summer after end of June, because the weather will be too hot. But at that time the weather in Denmark is perfect for hydrangeas so sales from first of July will be based on forcing in Denmark."
Around 20 finished varieties will be grown at their site in Portugal in large scale. The garden size plants are mainly produced in a 4 liter pot for Schroll Flowers' own customers and in a 5 liter pot for customers by De Jong Plant BV in Holland. Besides the garden size Schroll Flowers also produces the indoor sizes P10.5 and P13 in large scale both in Portugal and in Denmark.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-20 Australia has fifteen new Green Leaders
- 2019-09-20 Nursery Karl Bückers to celebrate 50th anniversary with new Ilex
- 2019-09-19 Fastest growing Ecuadorian farm expands to 114 ha
- 2019-09-19 Collector-grower built an Eden of rare plants
- 2019-09-18 US (MI): Luxembourg "glasshouse people" immigration to Chicago
- 2019-09-18 "As a Dutch-American, I like to combine idealism and capitalism"
- 2019-09-18 US (NY): Farming twins move into flower business
- 2019-09-18 US (CA): The San Diego Cactus and Succulent Society tour Resendiz Brothers facility
- 2019-09-17 US (CA): Nursery celebrates 100th anniversary
- 2019-09-16 US (WI): Hollingsworth Peonies expands with legacy nursery
- 2019-09-13 "We have the best topped lavender on the market"
- 2019-09-13 "Utah-grown flowers are flourishing"
- 2019-09-13 UK: Travel with the Ball Colegrave Sponsored Scholarship
- 2019-09-12 Russia: Flower production in Orenburg continues to grow
- 2019-09-10 Russian grower makes clever use of greenhouse space with tulips
- 2019-09-06 US: Funding awaits student horticulturists
- 2019-09-06 Hunger for green city parks keeps East European grower busy
- 2019-09-03 Germany: Multifunctional foil greenhouse doubles production facility
- 2019-09-02 UK: Couple leaves nursery after half a century
- 2019-08-30 Belgian laurel nursery's show programme branches out
I purchased 2 hydrangeas from Walmart with a Schroll tag (88-09-02) Deep Red. My questin is if the color will stay deep red after ground planting or if the soil needs to be adjusted to maintain this color?
connie gist, killen - 2018/03/27 00:36:43.000
I just received a Schroll hydrangea- Pink Sunset. Can I plant it in the ground? How do I do so-instructions as to depth, space, food, light etc. Thank you for your help!
judith b. raphaeli, Baltimore - 2018/05/17 21:19:01.000
I bought a Deep Red Hydrangea from Wal mart (88-09-02 MY QUESTION IS COULD i PLANT IT OUTSIDE before fall starts.
Arlene Annella Reed, Lithia Springs - 2018/09/11 00:59:09.000