- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal
Schroll's production location in Portugal.
Schroll Flowers breeds their varieties in Denmark and for several years produced young plants and half finished on their more than 30 ha in Portugal and finished them on 15 ha in Denmark. Last year, however, Schroll Flowers did some trials with finishing hydrangeas in Portugal and after receiving positive feedback from their customers, they decided to finish the garden size hydrangeas for the spring season 2018 in Portugal. "The high light levels in Portugal, enables us to grow a stronger and higher quality crop than the traditional greenhouse production which can be quite soft in the spring", says Soren Schroll co-owner of the company.
Soren Schroll, Mariolla Dolleris Schroll and Sergiy Petrenko at the IPM Essen
So, from now till around the first of July, they will ship finished hydrangeas directly from their site in Portugal to customers all over Europe as well as to their locations in Denmark for further distribution. "We cannot finish the hydrangeas in Portugal in the high summer after end of June, because the weather will be too hot. But at that time the weather in Denmark is perfect for hydrangeas so sales from first of July will be based on forcing in Denmark."
Around 20 finished varieties will be grown at their site in Portugal in large scale. The garden size plants are mainly produced in a 4 liter pot for Schroll Flowers' own customers and in a 5 liter pot for customers by De Jong Plant BV in Holland. Besides the garden size Schroll Flowers also produces the indoor sizes P10.5 and P13 in large scale both in Portugal and in Denmark.
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-07 US (PA): "Better Christmas Cactus season compared to last year"
- 2018-12-07 Signify teams up with Dutch gerbera grower for 1 ha toplighting project
- 2018-12-07 How to succeed by thinking beyond “success”
- 2018-12-06 "I’d love to see more people choosing British flowers"
- 2018-12-06 Using light spectrum to control kalanchoe growth
- 2018-12-06 Colombian growers preparing for El Niño
- 2018-12-06 "Nursery flowers at cemetery prevent families from paying respects"
- 2018-12-06 Mordovia aims to become Russia's biggest rose exporter
- 2018-12-05 "Our customers recognize the high quality of our roses"
- 2018-12-05 UK: New scholarship for ‘green’ student horticulturists
- 2018-12-05 US (CA): Industry members lend aid to wildfire evacuees
- 2018-12-05 US (CA): Westerlay Orchids gifts over $89K to Breast Cancer Resource Center
- 2018-12-05 India: Flower grower sees earnings increase 23 times in 13 years
- 2018-12-05 "What started out as a backyard prairie garden has grown to become a national retailer"
- 2018-12-04 "A little higher, but it makes a real difference"
- 2018-12-04 Kenya: Aquila goes into bouquets
- 2018-12-04 US (CA): College students become flower farmers for float creation
- 2018-12-04 Colombia: Jaroma Roses adds new varieties to assortment
- 2018-12-04 New Zealand: Tulip growers fined for illegal water takes
- 2018-12-03 Finalists announced for AIPH International Grower of the Year (IGOTY) 2019 Awards
I purchased 2 hydrangeas from Walmart with a Schroll tag (88-09-02) Deep Red. My questin is if the color will stay deep red after ground planting or if the soil needs to be adjusted to maintain this color?
connie gist, killen - 2018/03/27 00:36:43.000
I just received a Schroll hydrangea- Pink Sunset. Can I plant it in the ground? How do I do so-instructions as to depth, space, food, light etc. Thank you for your help!
judith b. raphaeli, Baltimore - 2018/05/17 21:19:01.000
I bought a Deep Red Hydrangea from Wal mart (88-09-02 MY QUESTION IS COULD i PLANT IT OUTSIDE before fall starts.
Arlene Annella Reed, Lithia Springs - 2018/09/11 00:59:09.000