- Head Grower - Hudson (OH) USA
- Product Developer - Italy
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe (Benelux - Germany)
- Technical sales specialists Florida, Virginia, North Caroline, South Carolina, Texas, - USA
- Business Development Manager Spain
- Director of Operations - Ethiopia
- Product Manager Premium Beans - Rotterdam, NL
- Crop Consultant - Canada
- Market Access & Quality Systems Manager | Fruit - Bologna, Italy
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Kordes Roses and Rosa Danica
1rose: Result of a close breeder-grower collaboration
For over 30 years Rosa Danica has been working closely with German breeder W. Kordes Söhne to develop new Kordana pot roses. "Rosa Danica A/S is a modern nursery founded in 1987. The Danish company has a total area of 14 hectare greenhouses with state-of-the-art technology in its production and produces over 12 million pot roses per year. The primary objective is to produce high quality plants", explains Wilhelm-Alexander Kordes, Managing Director of W. Kordes Söhne.
Kordes is specialized in breeding and rose production for over 130 years and family owned in its 5th generation. The Germans are offering cut-, garden- and pot rose genetics and their assortment is known as the most complete in the world. Besides in Denmark, Kordes pot roses are produced successfully by specialized greenhouse growers worldwide, in such countries like the Netherlands, Russia, Belgium, France, Italy, Japan and South Africa.
Kordes' and Rosa Danica's collaboration in research and development has resulted in a wide range of varieties and collections. "Our aim is that they fit into all demands that producers, distributors and consumers can think of. And I think our current varieties do", says Kordes.
The latest release of Rosa Danica and Kordes is 1rose. This novelty looks like a one stem cut rose, but it is a pot rose breeding. "Ideally suitable to decorate your home, as a gift for an exceptional person or for special occasions."
So far red, lime and pink varieties are available and offered all year. More colors are already in the trials of the Kordes breeding department, so this group will receive new members in the coming years. "The root system supplies all the water and nutrition needed and leads into a shelf life of 4-6 weeks. The large flower of 8-10 cm in diameter combined with the outstanding shelf life makes the 1rose unique", explains Kordes.
1rose is always delivered in an EasyWater pot developed by Rosa Danica. "This system can easily extend the shelf life of the rose and guarantees an appropriate watering and supply of nutrients."
"From the brand new 1rose to established collections like Kordana Classic, Kordana Grande, Fantasia and RosAroma we are confident that Kordes' and Rosa Danica's roses can win the heart of floral connoisseurs everywhere", says Kordes.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-07-18 New markets open up thanks to Mandeville breeding advances
- 2019-07-17 Meet the man behind the peony
- 2019-07-17 Combining quality with sustainability
- 2019-07-16 Morel Diffusion celebrates 100th anniversary
- 2019-07-10 New Zealand: Plant Variety Rights Act review
- 2019-07-09 Market-focused breeding, side by side with growers
- 2019-07-08 Terra Nova's new yellow enriches Echinacea industry
- 2019-07-04 "Could breeders benefit a bit more often, please?"
- 2019-07-03 Variety descriptions of parental lines and hybrids now publicly available on CPVO website
- 2019-07-02 "A rose by any other name… just might not sell"
- 2019-07-02 Syngenta Flowers team welcomes Varinova during FlowerTrials
- 2019-07-01 "The Vanda orchid is a rare and beautiful flower"
- 2019-06-28 US: No-Fade Garden Celosia available now
- 2019-06-28 GardenGenetics expands availability of Dahlightful dahlias to meet market demand
- 2019-06-28 Festive opening of Dümmen Orange Show Garden in De Kwakel
- 2019-06-25 How the orchid keeps reinventing itself
- 2019-06-25 German calluna breeder extends assortment with two new lines
- 2019-06-24 New company enters rose breeding world
- 2019-06-24 Video: Favorites from the FlowerTrials
- 2019-06-24 "The success of the cut roses encouraged other breeders to go abroad"