- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- General Manager - Farming / QLD, Australia
- Sales Manager
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Kordes Roses and Rosa Danica
1rose: Result of a close breeder-grower collaboration
For over 30 years Rosa Danica has been working closely with German breeder W. Kordes Söhne to develop new Kordana pot roses. "Rosa Danica A/S is a modern nursery founded in 1987. The Danish company has a total area of 14 hectare greenhouses with state-of-the-art technology in its production and produces over 12 million pot roses per year. The primary objective is to produce high quality plants", explains Wilhelm-Alexander Kordes, Managing Director of W. Kordes Söhne.
Kordes is specialized in breeding and rose production for over 130 years and family owned in its 5th generation. The Germans are offering cut-, garden- and pot rose genetics and their assortment is known as the most complete in the world. Besides in Denmark, Kordes pot roses are produced successfully by specialized greenhouse growers worldwide, in such countries like the Netherlands, Russia, Belgium, France, Italy, Japan and South Africa.
Kordes' and Rosa Danica's collaboration in research and development has resulted in a wide range of varieties and collections. "Our aim is that they fit into all demands that producers, distributors and consumers can think of. And I think our current varieties do", says Kordes.
The latest release of Rosa Danica and Kordes is 1rose. This novelty looks like a one stem cut rose, but it is a pot rose breeding. "Ideally suitable to decorate your home, as a gift for an exceptional person or for special occasions."
So far red, lime and pink varieties are available and offered all year. More colors are already in the trials of the Kordes breeding department, so this group will receive new members in the coming years. "The root system supplies all the water and nutrition needed and leads into a shelf life of 4-6 weeks. The large flower of 8-10 cm in diameter combined with the outstanding shelf life makes the 1rose unique", explains Kordes.
1rose is always delivered in an EasyWater pot developed by Rosa Danica. "This system can easily extend the shelf life of the rose and guarantees an appropriate watering and supply of nutrients."
"From the brand new 1rose to established collections like Kordana Classic, Kordana Grande, Fantasia and RosAroma we are confident that Kordes' and Rosa Danica's roses can win the heart of floral connoisseurs everywhere", says Kordes.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-18 This is what goes into breeding a flower
- 2019-10-15 Belgium: CRISPR-based tissue-specific knockout system to help generation of specific plant mutations
- 2019-10-11 Cherry in the form of a bush remains low but is high in brix
- 2019-10-10 Machine learning helps plant science turn over a new leaf
- 2019-10-09 A peek in the creation of heat tolerant cyclamen varieties
- 2019-10-07 Webinar: the name of a plant variety in the Community Plant Variety Right system (CPVR)
- 2019-10-02 High‐efficiency CRISPR/Cas‐based editing of Phalaenopsis orchid MADS genes
- 2019-09-24 Florensis Kenya sponsors Smiles for Change
- 2019-09-24 Germany: Comparing callunas at Gardengirls Variety Show 2019
- 2019-09-23 Setting a new standard for mini pot roses
- 2019-09-18 No end in sight for Seed Valley's growth in sales
- 2019-09-18 Summer recap: PanAmerican Seed showcases highlights
- 2019-09-11 Vintage colours are trendy, chrysanthemum trials show
- 2019-09-05 Danish hero honored with statue and yellow roses
- 2019-09-03 Edible roses success leads to new ventures for breeder
- 2019-08-29 New Zealand: Rose breeder Sam McGredy passes away
- 2019-08-28 De Ruiter Innovations presents Premium Rhodos 3.0
- 2019-08-28 "A piece of art in team effort"
- 2019-08-23 Breeders are racing to develop plants that flower again and again
- 2019-08-22 New cyclamen variety couples heat tolerance with early flowering