On 17 and 18 October 2018, at Royal FloraHolland, those present voted for gerbera and lisianthus FPC product agreements for their promotion plan for 2019-2021.
Gerbera promotion plan
The Gerbera growers who were present represent 75% of the total Gerbera turnover. The new promotion plan was created in collaboration with Van Deez and Royal FloraHolland.
- Online business activities will be further developed, and will cover the whole of Europe.
- Offline promotional materials will be provided.
- The promotional activities will focus mainly on Germany and the Netherlands.
- In April 2019, a kick-off campaign is planned, in collaboration with wholesalers and florists.
- The campaign will also be announced at the upcoming Trade Fair in Aalsmeer.
Lisianthus promotion plan
The Lisianthus growers who were present represent 86% of the total Lisianthus turnover. The promotion plan was created in collaboration with 2Dezign and Royal FloraHolland.
- The website will be updated in 2019.
- More emphasis on the use of social media.
- The branding is being updated and work is underway on a new campaign.
- The collective Lisianthus growers will again be actively present in January 2019 at the Floradecora/ChristmasWorld show in Frankfurt.
- The promotional activities will focus mainly on Germany, France, England, the Netherlands, Poland and Russia.
The promotion plans are being financed by the suppliers themselves (members and non-members of Royal FloraHolland). From 1 January 2019, they will therefore contribute a promotion levy of 0.15% of their turnover. This will be collected 4 x per year. This levy is in accordance with the product-specific promotion rules, which were approved by members at the GMM on 6 December 2012.
Source: Royal FloraHolland