The HTA, in association with APHA, are hosting a one-day conference, 'Healthy Plants, Healthy Business’, for anyone involved in the production, trading and retailing of plants.
Healthy Plants, Healthy Business will take place on Tuesday 29 January 2019 at Horticulture House in Oxfordshire and is aimed at growers and their customers (retailers, landscapers and garden designers, architects and public procurement) and key stakeholders.
- Lord Gardiner, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Rural Affairs and Biosecurity
- Professor Nicola Spence, Defra’s Chief Plant Health Officer
- Derek Grove, APHA Plant & Bee Health EU exit manager
- Alistair Yeomans, HTA Horticulture Manager.
The event will provide an opportunity to ensure that your business is equipped with the latest information on plant health matters. The agenda includes information on cross-sector initiatives aimed at protecting UK biosecurity and the launch of ‘Plant Healthy’, a new self-assessment tool for any business to calculate how biosecure its production and sourcing systems are.
Key topics to be covered include:
- Current plant health situation
- Plant Health Biosecurity Alliance
- Plant Health Management Standard
- Plant Healthy self-assessment
- Plant importing post-Brexit
For more information: