On May 23 the Association “Greenhouses of Russia” held a seminar for agronomic services and flower-growing businesses on the topic “The technology of cultivation of tulips, the correct selection of varieties and planting material”.
One of the leading Dutch companies in the production and supply of bulbous crops S. Steenvoorden and its head Kees Steenvoorden assisted in the organization and holding of the seminar.
Highly qualified specialists of Dutch and Russian companies engaged in the production of tulips were invited to the seminar as speakers:
- A member of the Royal Dutch Association of producers of bulbous flower crops, agronomist consultant Jos Eijking spoke about the different technologies of growing tulips for cutting and their features, about the diseases that agronomists face when growing tulips and the ways to prevent and combat them.
- General Director of Holland Bulb Market (last year the company celebrated 150 years) Joris van der Velden focused on the features and benefits of growing tulips by hydroponics, the most common production technology of this flower.
- Martin Buter – founder and Director of the company Amsonia, who has been cooperating with Russian producers of tulips for nearly 30 years, has partnered stopped on those nuances, which are often neglected by Russian growers, and as a consequence lose in the quality and quantity of products.
- Nico Lommerse – the head of the company Nord Lommerse Flower Bulb Grop talked about how to select new varieties of tulips and to what varieties Russian producers should pay attention.
- Leading expert on tulips in Russia, chief agronomist of the company “Galantus” (Kaluga) Lyudmila Kazankova shared her experience of growing tulips and gave specific recommendations on how to grow a quality crop of tulips with minimal losses.
- The Director of the company “Galantus and K” (Kaluga) Oleg G. Mitrofanov gave recommendations on the collection, packaging and storage of tulips before sending to customers.
- The Director of the company “Nova agro” (Ekaterinburg) Natalia Novikova told about how you can automate and speed up the process of sorting and packing tulips.
- At the end of the seminar, there was a brief speech of a representative of the Dutch company Bosman van Zaal in Russia Roman Churkin about the most modern technologies of growing tulips in greenhouse complexes: with the maximum use of automatic lines, in three tiers, with led lamps.
Almost all of the seventy participants of the seminar: managers, chief agronomists, specialists of greenhouse enterprises noted the good organization of the event, its content and practical benefits. There were expressed wishes to continue the practice of meetings of flower growers in the same format.
For more information:
Greenhouses of Russia