Wax leaf begonias require low to medium fertility levels between 100 and 200 ppm N. Insufficient fertility results in an overall chlorotic (yellow) cast, stunted plant growth, and in green-leaf varieties, reddening of the leaf margins and interveinal spotting. Optimal substrate pH values range from 5.5 to 6.2. Substrate pH values >6.5 inhibit iron uptake, leading to symptoms of interveinal chlorosis on the upper leaves, easily distinguished in green-leaf varieties.
- Commercial Manager - Amsterdam / Europe
- Regional Sales Representative/Manager - Southwest Region (USA)
- IPM Manager
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Agricultural Tech EU Sales Representative - London, UK
- Sales Administrator - Bleiswijk, The Netherlands
- Group Marketing Manager - Australia
- Manager Sales & Purchase - Breda, The Netherlands
- Research & Service Engineer Horticulture - Europe
- Technical Sales Manager - Europe
Top 5 -yesterday
- "We don't manage. We teach people and give them our knowledge"
- Royal FloraHolland: These are the five best introductions of last year
- Influence of substrate on shelf life of Phalaenopsis
- How the world’s biggest flower companies prepare for Valentine’s Day
- "Customers are looking for something new with a storytelling"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-01-17 "Proper use and control of NOx in greenhouse can increase yield"
- 2020-01-15 New fertilizer treats and prevents calcium deficiency in organic crops
- 2020-01-15 Expanding leaf tissue nutrient survey standards for 74 floriculture species
- 2020-01-02 Nutrition tips for seed germination and young plants
- 2019-12-23 Worm fertilizer: from organic waste to bio-stimulant
- 2019-12-11 Helping plant nurseries reduce runoff
- 2019-10-24 Canada's fertilizer industry ready to work with minority government
- 2019-10-24 UK: Garden Organic lobbies to make voluntary peat reduction targets mandatory
- 2019-10-01 New biostimulant improves chlorophyll production
- 2019-09-30 Uralchem moves into retail segment with consumer fertilizers
- 2019-09-24 Stabilization of soil microorganisms for ideal settings for plant growth
- 2019-09-12 Calcium product introduced in Kenya for improved vaselife
- 2019-08-29 What's in that runoff?
- 2019-08-29 Better cultivation results and labor savings through substrate mixing lines
- 2019-08-26 Nutrient monitoring of ornamental cabbage and kale
- 2019-08-22 Nutrient monitoring of garden mum
- 2019-08-21 Nutrient monitoring of pansy
- 2019-08-19 Nutrient monitoring of poinsettia
- 2019-08-07 "Vermiculite has a high total-porosity and has good nutrient-holding ability"
- 2019-07-19 Plant Product launches PurKote controlled release fertilizer