Lucas Greenhouses installed a small trial in 2016 of Philips GreenPower LED toplighting over an area used to propagate vegetative liners. As a result of the trial success, Lucas Greenhouses expanded the installation of Philips LED grow lights in 2018 for their 2018-19 growing season. Co-owner, George Lucas, and Tom Gunther, Lead Grower of Propagation, explain the factors considered in their decision to trial Philips LEDs, why they expanded their installation of Philips LED grow lights, and what they’ve experienced as a result of the larger LED installation including highly satisfied customers.
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- “The product quality is maintained, ensuring a longer shelf-life”
- "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- New PGR guide for annuals now available
- Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 US (MI): Abele Greenhouse opens again after fire
- 2023-03-10 “I was looking for a solution which would help me create a very specific climate in my greenhouses"
- 2023-03-10 March on a flower farm
- 2023-03-09 This fabled orchid breeder loves to chat — just not about Trader Joe's orchids
- 2023-03-08 "Today, I see the fact that I’m a woman as an advantage"
- 2023-03-07 Tea growers make real horticultural tea together
- 2023-02-27 CAN (QC): A local Quebec flower farm is leading the way in The Slow Flowers Movement
- 2023-02-27 Introducing native perennials as cut flowers
- 2023-02-24 Alternative spring crops from Köder Gartenbau
- 2023-02-21 US (WI): Yoga in the greenhouse
- 2023-02-21 UK: "Why we're going peat-free?"
- 2023-02-20 Avri Farms starts pink hydrangea production in Ecuador
- 2023-02-20 NL: 365 days of summer with full-LED
- 2023-02-16 "We make sure the varieties are really grown as bulb-on-pot varieties"
- 2023-02-16 US (NJ): Farmer growing flowers a little greener thanks to grant to convert to geothermal heat
- 2023-02-16 Cyprus: Life for flower grower is no bed of roses
- 2023-02-16 A tour of the Colombian floriculture industry
- 2023-02-13 Flores El Capiro celebrates 10K container shipment of chrysanthemums
- 2023-02-10 “We can be more energy efficient while adjusting our electricity use based on energy price fluctuations”
- 2023-02-09 Kendi finds her life calling preserving beauty of blooms for up to 2 years