Lucas Greenhouses installed a small trial in 2016 of Philips GreenPower LED toplighting over an area used to propagate vegetative liners. As a result of the trial success, Lucas Greenhouses expanded the installation of Philips LED grow lights in 2018 for their 2018-19 growing season. Co-owner, George Lucas, and Tom Gunther, Lead Grower of Propagation, explain the factors considered in their decision to trial Philips LEDs, why they expanded their installation of Philips LED grow lights, and what they’ve experienced as a result of the larger LED installation including highly satisfied customers.
- UK Sales Manager - (South of the UK)
- Digital Advisor - Geeste, Germany
- Tax Specialist Hungary
- Head Grower - Providence (Rhode Island) USA
- Nursery Manager - Roydon (Essex) UK
- Labour Manager - Leamington (ON) Canada
- Head Grower/Director of Growing - Crawfordville (FL) USA
- Project Manager Assistant - USA
- Apple Quality Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
- General Manager - Wolcott (NY) USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-07-13 Vietnam: Dalat Hasfarm's 14ha expansion on schedule
- 2020-07-10 US: Walters Gardens introduces 'Virtual Cultivate Video Series'
- 2020-07-10 In rural New York, a flower grower discovers her joy
- 2020-07-10 UK: Perennial provides help with cost of school uniform for hard-hit families working in horticulture
- 2020-07-09 "It is great to be in a position whereby we can confidently look forward"
- 2020-07-09 Flower market back on track in southern Queensland
- 2020-07-09 Kenyan floriculture road to recovery from COVID-19 crisis
- 2020-07-09 Colombia: Flores del Este awarded 'Best place to work 2020'
- 2020-07-08 Barcelona-based Colvin snags €14 million Series B to streamline market for flowers, plants
- 2020-07-08 How one family accidentally became peony farmers
- 2020-07-08 Arend Roses debuts on TikTok
- 2020-07-08 Colombia: Verdissimo joins Asocolflores
- 2020-07-08 Dendrobium cultivation in India: The bumpy road to success
- 2020-07-08 FSF standards as an unexpected way of facing COVID-19 in the flower sector
- 2020-07-06 US (KY): Flower farmer continues business throughout pandemic
- 2020-07-03 US (CA): 365 days of Spring at Sun Valley
- 2020-07-02 UK farmer offers disused land to growers following COVID-19
- 2020-07-02 US: "Flowers are a great way to honor our nation"
- 2020-07-01 US (WY): Local greenhouse helps keep downtown Casper vibrant
- 2020-07-01 "In June it’s all hands on deck"