Phosphorous (P) losses from containerized plant production nurseries can be significant due to the low nutrient retention capacities of the soilless media components. Many states are developing or have developed more stringent rules for limiting nutrient discharges into public waterbodies to improve water quality. Effective methods are needed to reduce amounts of P in runoff and drainage water. This study investigated the use of a small scale flow-through ferrous iron (Fe(II))-based remediation system for chemically precipitating P.
- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
- Maintenance Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-05 "Helping growers produce high-quality crops, while assuring lighting costs aren't excessive"
- 2019-12-03 Providing wholesale, retail and on-line plant sellers with a compliance tool for interstate shipping
- 2019-11-27 Israeli post-harvest innovation wins award in Ghana
- 2019-11-26 How to set up a horticultural lighting trial
- 2019-11-25 "Stable root zone temperature accelerates plant growth"
- 2019-11-22 Producing seedlings in an off-grid LED lit vertical farming facility
- 2019-11-22 USDA can monitor agricultural disasters in near real-time
- 2019-11-22 Aluminium black-out cloth returns after long absence
- 2019-11-21 A guide to grow light spectrum
- 2019-11-20 China: Flower center decreases water footprint with precision
- 2019-11-20 "3000 luminaires per day with up to 100 people on the floor"
- 2019-11-20 Phormium develops 'coolest' ground cover
- 2019-11-18 US flower distributor reports waste reduced by more than 50% in certain flowers
- 2019-11-18 India: Flowers fight back pollution, bloom under LED lights
- 2019-11-15 "A ladder alone is no longer sufficient"
- 2019-11-15 The Ukrainian heating pipe painting championship
- 2019-11-14 "There is no standard for internal transport systems"
- 2019-11-12 "Achieve the best results by understanding grow light technology"
- 2019-11-08 The Lowpad enters the greenhouse
- 2019-11-07 “You should never say you’re not there because then they will pass you by”