Phosphorous (P) losses from containerized plant production nurseries can be significant due to the low nutrient retention capacities of the soilless media components. Many states are developing or have developed more stringent rules for limiting nutrient discharges into public waterbodies to improve water quality. Effective methods are needed to reduce amounts of P in runoff and drainage water. This study investigated the use of a small scale flow-through ferrous iron (Fe(II))-based remediation system for chemically precipitating P.
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
- EU Sales and Region manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- “The product quality is maintained, ensuring a longer shelf-life”
- "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- New PGR guide for annuals now available
- Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-21 Increasing the oxygen levels in irrigation water for a healthier growth
- 2023-03-21 Ridder receives 2023 CEA Center Mission Award
- 2023-03-20 Potted Anthurium in Greenhouse 2030, a whole year without plant protection products
- 2023-03-20 "You want to see how much water is in the tank, not how much isn't"
- 2023-03-20 How growers boost crop yields with greenhouse film EVO AC®
- 2023-03-16 "The system accurately and consistently places interlocking trays on a pallet"
- 2023-03-15 Trial and error in Dutch greenhouse: Can autonomous systems work well together?
- 2023-03-15 A new way of growing with dynamic LEDs
- 2023-03-13 Essential oils prolonged the cut carnation longevity
- 2023-03-09 US (IL): Pennycress crop research continues at Western Illinois University
- 2023-03-09 USAF cavitating ultrasonic transmitters now also available in 115 volts
- 2023-03-09 An Italian innovative system for managing hydroponic crops
- 2023-03-07 Model calculates temperature down to the square centimeter
- 2023-03-03 "Automatic nutrient measurement is ready to be put into practice"
- 2023-03-02 Changing the cover of a greenhouse without affecting production
- 2023-03-01 “Environmental control is the biggest limiting factor at most cultivation facilities”
- 2023-02-28 How to clean seeds without using chemicals
- 2023-02-27 Maintenance-friendly UV sanitizer thanks to 'crossfire' effect
- 2023-02-24 New flexible far-red light for application based growing
- 2023-02-20 "Be prepared for the next winter with proactive end-of-season maintenance"