Pelargonium for Europe is a marketing initiative active in 10 countries, founded by breeders to promote and ensure long-term geranium sales across Europe.
With the season nearly over, the initiative's partners are now busy gathering all of their results. Here are a few examples of what's been achieved so far.
- This blog post was created in cooperation with House Safari, a popular interiors blog. It promoted geraniums as back in fashion and featured lots of in-depth information and care advice. The blogger even held his own geranium photo shoot at his home.
- Various local events took place with geraniums as the theme; such as a guided tour of geranium varieties by Stadtgrün Bern, the gardening organisation that designs and maintains public green space of the city of Bern. This was featured in Schweizer Landliebe, with a circulation of 208,000.
- A nice article on geranium care advice and decoration ideas published in popular magazine Schweizer Garten.
- An impressive geranium installation was created by top London floral influencers McQueens Flower School in collaboration with east London café the Hackney Coffee Company. Watch the video.
- Photos and videos of the design were shared on Instagram by the various accounts, including several times by McQueens Flower School (59,000 followers) and Hackney Coffee Co (35,300 followers).
- Pelargonium for Europe was quoted in Living with Plants magazine on using scented geraniums as houseplants.
- A geranium contest ran on Facebook in collaboration with Jardin Pratique gardening magazine. The prize was a PfE tote bag containing geranium-themed gifts including cosmetics made with geranium ingredients.
- The magazine also published an article and several social media posts about the competition and a geranium DIY idea.
- Lots of articles about geraniums in leading Italian magazines including...
- Casa Facile, top monthly interiors magazine, published two beautiful pages about pelargoniums and the steps to make our DIY idea for a hanging geranium sphere. It also published geranium coverage on its website and Facebook page.
- Ci Piace Cucinare, a weekly cooking magazine, dedicated two pages to geraniums with PfE photos and two DIY ideas.
- Casa Naturale, a magazine about home, lifestyle and eco-sustainability, included pelargoniums in its eco-trends section.
- A TV interview about pelargoniums with a florist on Rok w ogrodzie, a national gardening TV show reaching a total of 1.6 million people.
- Every Friday and Saturday a gallery is published on our Facebook page MojaPelargonia sharing pelargonium photos sent in by our fans, about 15 - 20 photos each time. Fans are even sending photos of geraniums in the different countries they visit on their vacation!
- In a collaboration with Floral Academy, master florist Piotr Sekunda showed how to use pelargonium in floral arrangements and photos were shared on social media.
- New articles about geraniums were published in two leading interiors magazines - Dobrze Mieszkaj reaching 67,500 and Cztery Kąty reaching 210,000 people.
- Pelargonium studio decorations were designed for national TV show Studio 2, an ORF live production which is broadcast every weekday in the evenings. On Thursdays, a garden designer or florist appears on the show to share professional tips and tricks with consumers.
- An article in trade magazine Gärtner & Florist sharing inspirational ideas for pelargonium table decorations, reaching 13,050 people in the trade.
- Geranium content has been very popular on social media; this post alone received 630 likes on Instagram and reached around 1,300 people on Facebook.
Netherlands & Belgium
- Consumer magazine Anoniem published a big article about geraniums featuring PfE photos, reaching 12,000 people.
- ‘Ready to share’ social media posts featuring geraniums were supplied to businesses in the green trade and have been posted throughout the season.
- Continued collaboration with two major women’s magazines promoted our competition to win the prize of a balcony or terrace makeover – there were 7 winners in total...
- BILD der FRAU has a reach of 3 million people and published two features on geraniums, the second was 4 pages long.
- TINA magazine has a reach of 2 million, and our geranium competition was even announced on the front cover.
- The German PfE Facebook page has a very interactive audience, e.g. this post reached 8945 people, received 1424 comments, actions or shares and it was liked by 1100 people – all without paying for ads.
- Our radio promotion for geraniums reached 1,771,084 listeners per hour and was broadcasted by 72 radio stations such as Radio Arabella (München) and BHeins (Potsdam).