Desch Plantpak has again published a kaleidoscopic Colour Your Story magazine, full of content and information about trends, novelties and other developments. The magazine is thicker than before: now with lots of news about sustainability.
Colour Your Story. Trends for spring/summer 2020
Famous trendwatcher Hilde Francq from Francq Colours has set out the season’s three main trends:
Colours once considered typically feminine, such as pink, soft yellow, lilac and the new 'impulsive coral’, combined with earthy hues, such as ocher and brown.
The Surreal Escape
Symbolises, through colour and appearance, the human mind’s craving for the surreal in a world where we are surrounded by technology.
The Pastoral Conversation
Creates an atmosphere where both progressive and more conservative groups feel at ease: rural and modern at the same time.
Other interesting articles in this edition of Colour Your Story:
- Grow & Go extended. A wider range of hanging pots, patio pots, new labels and Imca film.
- Renowned breeders, such as Florensis, Selecta One and Syngenta, present their top varieties.
- FleuroSelect, with the Gold winners and Fleurostar Award winner Begonia Elatior Dreams Garden MacaRouge. A special report about 10 years of Fleurostar Awards, with all the winners in a glance.
- Interview with Jan Willem Wieringa about dog poo and plastic: “There’s room for more improvements in recycling plastic.”
- Rooftop cooking: enjoy culinary delights from the rooftops of Amsterdam. Hip and trendy, with a recipe for smoked salmon with fresh herbs.
Novelties in the area of sustainability
As part of its sustainability drive, Desch is adding D-tect to its Recover brand. Both these brands are highly suited for modern plastic waste processing. Recover is made from PCR (Post-Consumer Plastic Recyclate) and Cyclos-HTP certified. A video has been made about the lifecycle of Recover, and it can be viewed on the Desch website.
D-Grade. 100% compostable
The fully compostable D-Grade brand now consists of three product lines:
- D-Grade BIO, made from vegetable biopolymers. Four-star biobased certified, and 100% compostable. D-Grade BIO is 100% biodegradable and industrially compostable in accordance with the EN 13432 standard. D-Grade BIO is TüV OK Compost certified under number O 09-376-D and TüV OK four-star biobased certified under number B 10-054-A.
- D-Grade FIBRE, made from recycled paper pulp, and therefore both recyclable as old paper and 100% compostable. D-Grade FIBRE is an attractive, logical, strong, lightweight addition to D-Grade BIO, and offers growers an excellent option for automated plant cultivation. D-Grade FIBRE has the natural appearance of paper pulp, and is a great alternative. Various trays available from this autumn.
- D-Grade EVO, made from green waste and 100% compostable. Thanks to its unique composition, a D-Grade EVO pot helps the roots of a plant grow more quickly, which in turn means fewer fertilisers are needed. Plants can be planted directly in the soil together with a D‑Grade EVO pot.
Colour Your Story is distributed free of charge, or can be read on the Desch website.
For more information: