Patricia Holloway wrote an article that summarizes the Alaska peony industry today. It covers how the industry got started and how it has matured over the past 18 years. As most growers will attest, it hasn’t been easy, and world competition is heating up. The industry is still in its infancy, and it will take many years to learn if it is truly viable.
- Retail Key Account Manager
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-27 GGN label makes headway in Europe
- 2023-03-27 "Let's peak together"
- 2023-03-27 "'Fresh as a daisy?' Might be a bit more flirtatious and naughty than once thought"
- 2023-03-24 “If you work together, you can respond much quicker to the wishes of the customer and, ultimately, the consumer"
- 2023-03-24 "High demand for our orchids and we see a shift from flowers to flowering plants"
- 2023-03-24 “Portugal is a small country, but it's the 8th top producer of ornamentals in Europe"
- 2023-03-23 Monetary value of fresh produce imports from Mexico to US to exceed $53 billion by 2030
- 2023-03-23 US: Horticultural Research Institute calls for research proposals
- 2023-03-22 Sri Lanka: Import ban on chemical fertilizers and other agro-chemicals: Effects on floriculture sector
- 2023-03-22 "Great growth potential for Turkish ornamental plants exports"
- 2023-03-22 India: 7,000+ha of horti crops lost to hailstorm, in Karnataka
- 2023-03-21 "Mother’s Day ‘ruined’ as flowers from M&S, Sainsbury’s, and MoonPig arrive dead and moldy"
- 2023-03-20 Scottish parliament hears Environmental Horticulture Growth Strategy
- 2023-03-17 Storm, ToBRFV and hail cause above-average loss figures for horticultural insurance company
- 2023-03-17 NL: "The tree nursery sector calmed down somewhat in autumn 2022"
- 2023-03-17 "Customers expected to buy almost 1.2 million tulips"
- 2023-03-16 Average area of Flemish ornamental crops rises slightly in 2021
- 2023-03-16 Shipping lines refusing to cut capacity in price war
- 2023-03-15 FPC Tulp discovers market in Budapest, Bratislava and Vienna together with Royal FloraHolland
- 2023-03-15 India: New Delhi Municipal Council to start local cultivation of tulips for spring festival