The Geothermal Development Company (GDC) has struck steam at the Baringo-Silali Geothermal Project. This marks a major milestone in opening up a new frontier of renewable energy for Kenya. The new well at Paka Field, about 260 KM northwest of the capital Nairobi, is the first to be drilled in the geothermal rich region.
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- "Resilience as in going back to the past is not always better”
- “The ornamentals industry in the Philippines is flourishing"
- "Growers and traders know the old assortment but are only moderately aware of the new varieties"
- Sensors on flowers prove that nano-fertilizers help to save energy resources
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-17 Save energy, retain high quality with Schoneveld Breeding winter Cyclamen
- 2022-05-17 Ocean-going vessels to capture CO2 for greenhouses
- 2022-05-17 Canadian growers examine potential for wind to power greenhouses
- 2022-05-04 Combining crops and solar panels is allowing Kenya to ‘harvest the sun twice’
- 2022-05-03 Freek Tromp to lead Dümmen Orange's Tropicals business
- 2022-04-25 Greenhouses provide potential risk of carbon leakage
- 2022-04-22 "Limited diesel availability causing issues"
- 2022-04-20 Greenhouse gas emissions exempted for big B.C. greenhouses
- 2022-04-15 Ireland: Rising farm output prices unlikely to fully offset higher production costs
- 2022-04-11 "Invest in air treatment, not only from an energy saving point of view"
- 2022-04-08 The future of growing without gas
- 2022-03-30 "Also in China, energy and energy resources are key challenges"
- 2022-03-22 UK suppliers stop contract prices, posing new challenges for growers
- 2022-03-18 Geothermal heat production in the Netherlands to grow very slightly by 2021
- 2022-03-17 NL: Maasdijk geothermal project kicked off, heat for 430 hectares of glass
- 2022-03-15 "In two or three years, all of our organic waste material will be recycled"
- 2022-03-14 Six paper mills shut down due to rising costs in Italy
- 2022-03-03 'Europe should be very wary of climate change'
- 2022-03-01 UK: Local produce suffering from soaring gas prices
- 2022-02-21 Update Rainlevelr: 281 hectares of glass in project by the end of 2021