- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Maintenance Engineer - USA East coast greenhouse facility, location negotiable
- Greenhouse Assistant - Abbotsford (BC) Canada
- Technical Service Manager - remote, US based
- Chief agronomic / Head grower
- Senior Growing (Horticulture) Technician - Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Innovative low oxygen box extends cut flower shelf life
- "We plan to leverage the breeding powerhouse, advanced technologies that Ball has invested in"
- Trial shows potential of single stem marigold cut flowers for vase, bouquet use
- “Father of the South American flower industry”
- Vaughan’s Horticulture announces the unexpected passing of beloved employee Matt Willoughby
Disney festival highlights the “Magic of Seed”
Representing the American Seed Trade Association (ASTA), plant breeders Jessie Alt, DuPont Pioneer, and Eric Hoeft, HM.Clause, delivered a series of presentations on the “Magic of Seed” during the festival’s opening week. March 1-2. The presentations discussed the connection between better seed and better life, and the role of plant breeders as problem-solvers – addressing everything from farmer to home-gardener needs, like combating pests, weeds and disease; environmental challenges, like the wise use of natural resources; and consumer needs, like better taste, nutrition and appearance.
The 2017 festival also features an ASTA garden visually depicting the evolution of popular vegetables and flowers over the years, thanks to plant breeding. The garden will be displayed outside the Land Pavilion through May. Check out photos from the event.
For more information:
American Seed Trade Association
1701 Duke Street, Ste. 275
Alexandria, VA 22314
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-01-18 Valentine's Day: "High expectations for this bright red rose"
- 2021-01-18 Proven Winners to present a 2-day virtual Landscape Roadshow series
- 2021-01-18 Kenya: United Selections kicks off the year with its annual open day event
- 2021-01-15 Bushel and Berry introduce three new strawberry plants
- 2021-01-14 New study on genetic diversity of dianthus plants
- 2021-01-13 Grand Slam Facebook post reaches one million people
- 2021-01-12 Sneak preview of Spray Chrysanthemum Aurora
- 2021-01-12 Jet Fresh Flowers presents hippy psychedelic roses Valentine’s Day collection
- 2021-01-12 Genes and genome editing tools for breeding desirable phenotypes in ornamentals
- 2021-01-11 Lazzeri presents 2021 poinsettia assortment in new video
- 2021-01-08 "We plan to leverage the breeding powerhouse, advanced technologies that Ball has invested in"
- 2021-01-08 Video: From bud to open bloom by David Austin Wedding Roses
- 2021-01-08 Dümmen Orange launches new white rose
- 2021-01-08 China: Guangdong Weisheng holds the 6th Flower Variety Exhibition
- 2021-01-06 Bases for plant breeding in Gerbera hybrida
- 2021-01-06 Trial shows potential of single stem marigold cut flowers for vase, bouquet use
- 2021-01-05 Cut chrysanthemum: "important to be 'able to work in a team'"
- 2021-01-04 What colors are hot in pot roses?
- 2021-01-04 Poinsettia Variety Day Videos from Plantpeddler
- 2020-12-24 "The market is shying away from older red varieties and is looking for new alternatives"