The pilot ‘Purchasing Directly Using Floriday’ started in early May. In this pilot, 6 buyers digitally place orders from the supply that 8 growers have made available on Floriday. The first digital orders have since been placed and digital ordering looks very promising with regard to the future.
What does ‘purchasing directly’ using Floriday mean?
Buyers who do not use or only partially use a software package of their own to order flowers and plants will soon be able to create and place direct orders in Floriday. This way, they can digitally order from the supply that growers make available in Floriday.
Floriday enables buyers to ‘follow’ growers. This way, a buyer can immediately view the supply that they are interested in. When the grower receives the buyer’s follow request, the grower places the buyer in a ‘customer-specific price group’. The buyer will then see the price that applies to them. After that, a buyer can create a direct order and place the order digitally with the grower. As a result, the order meets the requirements of 100% Digital business.
Note: Floriday for buyers is currently only accessible to the buyers taking part in this pilot. As soon as all buyers are able to place orders digitally using Floriday, they will be informed.
Saving time and preventing mistakes with Floriday
The first digital direct orders through Floriday have now been placed. A. (ARNEX) Timmermans, a plant import and export company, placed an order with nursery SV.CO on Floriday: “It takes some time to get used to the system, but when everything is up to date and changes have been made, it is definitely going to work! We will be able to order efficiently from one central location where the current prices and correct specifications are listed,” said Rick Timmermans.
Grower SV.CO receives the digital orders through Floriday: “In the past, we had to enter the order manually using a long list, which was a lengthy and error-prone process. Now, we received it digitally in our order processing system, which is much more efficient. We hope that many exporters will follow suit. This function brings us closer to 100% Digital,” says Raimond Hagedoorn.
The benefits of purchasing directly via Floriday
Purchasing directly has many benefits for both buyers and growers:
- The buyer creates a digital order in Floriday. The grower receives the order and can process it directly. Growers who work with their own software package immediately receive an order message in their own system. The buyer receives an EKT in their system. Orders are not retyped, which saves time and reduces the number of mistakes.
- Growers can divide their range clearly into collections in Floriday. These collections are shown to buyers when they place direct orders in Floriday.
- Growers can add additional services to their products, such as sustainable packaging. Several additional services can be added per product, which means you will not have to create a separate supply line for each combination of a product and an additional service. The result is a more compact catalogue for growers and buyers can see which additional services are available at a glance. Buyers can easily order these additional services through Floriday.
- Growers can clearly display their own packaging. If growers use their own packaging, they can add a name, description, photo and dimensions, so that the buyer knows exactly what packaging to expect.
- A buyer sees the grower’s ‘online shop’ and can add products to their cart. When the cart is full and ready for ordering, transport costs are calculated separately. As a result, the order can be paid including transport costs and sliding-scale prices per item have become redundant.