Hort Innovation has released its Annual Fund Report 2021/22 for the nursery industry.
The annual report maps out where key levy funds have been invested in 2021/22 and provides a rundown of new, ongoing, and completed research and development and marketing projects.
The top-level data from the Nursery Fund Annual Report includes:
- The nursery industry is Australia’s largest horticulture industry by value, with a production value of $2.79 billion in 2020/21.
- In 2021/22, $2.95 million in levies was collected by the Government and passed on to Hort Innovation. with the Australian Government contributing an additional $1.45M.
- In 2021/22, the nursery industry has invested $2.49M in R&D and $824,495 in marketing. It’s worth noting the Australian Government contributes to the costs of R&D investments by making a contribution using public money.
- Production units (for example, live plants and starter plants) have been increasing steadily over the last couple of years, growing from 1.9 billion in 2017/18 to 2.3 billion in 2020/21.
- An average of 4.7 plants were purchased per Australian adult in the last twelve months for potted application, whether indoor or outdoor.
The full Nursery Fund Annual Report can be downloaded here.
Read the complete article at www.yourlevyatwork.com.au.