Rudbeckia fulgida var. deamii, common name ‘Black-Eyed Susan’, has been named the Perennial Plant of the Year for 2023.
- Native to the United States, especially the central States of Ohio, Indiana and Illinois
- Low Maintenance – Good heat and drought resistance once established.
- Likes Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Grows 22-27 inches tall and up to 40 inches wide
- Attracts Birds & Butterflies
- Deer Resistant
American Gold Rush Rudbeckia features golden-yellow flowers with black centers. It will bloom from summer until frost and is resistant to septoria leaf spots. It will not show signs of fungus even in wet and humid conditions.
For more information on the 2023 Perennial Plant of the Year, please visit this link to the PPA’s website: https://perennialplant.org/page/2023PPOY