At a press conference held this morning, the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society shared artistic renderings and details for its lineup of activations and events coming to the 2023 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show. With a wide array of updated returning favorite activities as well as several new, exciting experiences, The Garden Electric offers something magical for every attendee. The 2023 Flower Show will run March 4 – 12, 2023, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
Tickets are on sale now at the lowest and best prices. As a special holiday promotion, PHS will extend this offer through December 31, 2022. Single adult tickets are priced at $38.50, with additional best-price options for students, children, and families.
The 2023 Flower Show has taken the most beloved aspects of the past two outdoor Shows and incorporated festival-style elements into the indoor event for the first time. This integration of outdoor elements into the indoor format creates a familiar yet fresh approach to experiential activities for guests to enjoy, in addition to the stunning floral and garden exhibits. The artistic renderings offer a sneak peek of the 2023 Flower Show’s activities and design.
“The joy that we feel when engaging in something creative is what inspired the guest experiences for the 2023 Flower Show. We want Flower Show attendees to channel the spirit of the bright and exuberant gardens and get involved doing and making something that will be a lasting memory,” said PHS’s Director of Experiences and Engagement, Rebecca Schuchart.
New activities and special events
New activities and events this year will encourage guests to engage with flowers and gardens in a fun and imaginative way while also providing entertainment suited for a variety of tastes.
- Live music curated by SNACKTIME – The best and brightest local artists will perform daily for guests. During a day of seeing amazing exhibits, take a pause to enjoy some tunes. Stay tuned for more information on the musical lineup and performance schedules. Free with admission.
- Kids Cocoon – A play area for kids to explore and learn while giving caretakers the ability to enjoy a pause from a day of discovery. Featuring discovery tables, artistic programs, hands-on education, and more, this space will be open daily and is free to enjoy with a Flower Show ticket purchase. Daily programming for children and families will be curated in partnership with local organizations. Free with admission.
- Design & Dine – Design & Dine, sponsored by Smithers-Oasis, is perfect for guests seeking a social, hands-on experience to create their own Garden Electric-inspired floral arrangement, all while enjoying a light meal. This fun social activity is the perfect way for loved ones to spend time together and create something entirely unique. For every two tickets purchased to this delicious crafting experience, a meal will be donated to those in need through PHS’s catering partner, HUNGRY, offering the ability to not only have fun but do good. Purchase required.
- Bloom Bar – A walk-up experience offering guests the opportunity to purchase pre-assembled, fresh floral crowns in the heart of the Show floor. These gorgeous, wearable pieces of floral art offer a beautiful way for guests to grab, go, and wear -- showing off their floral best. Purchase required.
In addition to new guest experiences, Flower Show attendees can also anticipate the return of several beloved favorites curated through a fresh lens.
- Artisan Row – The Flower Show’s re-imagined experiential hub where guests can create an elevated floral or gardening-inspired craft, working side-by-side with artisans. Now even larger due to popular demand, Artisan Row will feature seven different crafts, including fresh floral crowns, Flower Show candles, floral handbags, floral bouquets, terrarium making, dried flower bud vases, and botanical jewelry. Purchase required.
- Butterflies Live! – Experience exotic butterfly species never seen before in the color palette of The Garden Electric! Spend time with these beautiful pollinators, all while enjoying a serene environment surrounded by flowering plants. This is an all-ages activity, perfect for both kids and kids at heart! Purchase required.
- Early Morning Tours – Led by expert tour guides, these 2-hour tours offer guests the opportunity to learn more about the Flower Show’s world-renowned garden designers and landscape architects, plus get up close to displays, the PHS Hamilton Horticourt, and competitive classes before the Show opens for general admission hours.