The Helianthus 'SunCatcher' meets all the requirements of a modern perennial.
Looking at the 'SunCatcher' from the consumer point of view
The Helianthus' SunCatcher' is:
- hardy in Zone 5
- a long-living perennial (stays for years in the garden)
- a perfect pollinator attracting
- different species of Bees
- Bumble bees
- flowering from mid-July until October
Above that, the 'SunCatcer' has a low susceptibility to Powdery Mildew, which is, in certain areas, a major concern. This plant is doing a great job in the garden.
After the winter, the hardy 'SunCatcher' is starting to come out of the ground with a lot of power.
Helianthus' SunCatcher' from the grower's point of view
From the grower's point of view, the Helianthus' SunCatcher' is a very attractive crop. From an RC / Liner, the 'SunCatcher' can be produced in
- 6″ pot (1ppp)
- with pinch –> 10-11 weeks
- without pinch –> 9 – 10 weeks
- 8″ or 1gal container (2 ppp)
- with a pinch or without a pinch
In a 10″ or 2gal container, 3 ppp are recommended. With a pinch, a well-branched and round-shaped plant is finished in 10 weeks from transplanting the liner.
Besides growing a flowering finished crop, the 'SunCatcher' is a perfect product for mail-order companies.
- perfect shipping performance
- perfect growth results in the garden
- guaranteed flowering success in the first year, when planted in spring until the end of July
Hartwig Bull is producing for mail-order customers in about 5 weeks from transplanting the liner until shipping.
For more information: