The Society of American Florists is calling for nominations for several awards, which will be bestowed upon honorees during SAF Phoenix 2023, SAF’s 138th annual convention in Scottsdale, September 6-9.
Carol Caggiano, AAF, AIFD, PFCI, who serves as the chairperson of SAF’s Awards Committee, says the accolades are not just a celebration of the winners’ achievements but also an inspiration for everyone in the industry attending the event.
“As the awards are being presented, you can’t help but become awestruck by all [the honorees] have accomplished,” she says. “It certainly gives you a boost, along with the encouragement to do your best and follow their example.”
SAF is accepting applications for admission into the American Academy of Floriculture (AAF) and nominations for the following industry awards until May 1, 2023:
- The Gold Medal Award, which honors a professional who has originated or introduced a widely-distributed plant or flower.
- The Century Award, which honors companies with at least 100 years in the floral industry.
- Alex Laurie Award for Research and Education, which honors an individual who has made broad-scope, long-lasting contributions to research or education in the floriculture industry.
- Floriculture Hall of Fame, the industry’s highest honor, recognizes the highest standards of service and professional responsibility of members of the floral industry.
- John H. Walker Award, which honors floral association executives for the role they play as leaders in the industry.
- Paul Ecke, Jr. Award, which honors an individual with exemplary devotion to profession, industry, and community.
- The new Next Gen Rising Star Award, which honors forward-thinking young professionals who demonstrate creativity, innovation, tenacity, and leadership in their work and the potential to make a positive impact on the floral industry (deadline is June 30).
For more information: