- Sales Manager
- Gartenbaumeister (Deutschland) - Niederrhein
- Group Chief Operating Officer
- Allround Medewerker Bedrijfsbureau - Est, Nederland
- General Manager Fresh Produce Manufacturing - Tasmania (Australia)
- Head Grower - Mason City (Iowa) USA
- Integrated Crop Management (ICM) Technician - Olds (Alberta) Canada
- Hoofd Engineering - Gameren, Nederland
- Manager Operations - Gameren, Nederland
- Master Vegetable - Flower Grower
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
RoseMatic 2.0 of Bercomex
Ecuador: Naranjo Group gears up for Valentine's Day with new grading machine
Just like many other Ecuadorian growers, Valentine's Day is one of their most important days, together with Mother's Day and All Saints. During these days larger quantities of roses are required but the quality of the Ecuadorian rose should not suffer. For this reason, Naranjo Group decided to install the new rose grading machine, the RoseMatic 2.0 of Bercomex.
"Last year, Columbec, Bercomex and Narjanco group started to work together intensively to improve the process from farm to harvest and post harvest. We installed the RoseMatic 2.0 which is capable of processing all varieties that are produced by Naranjo Group, which are more than 80. These are grown on three farms that are located from 2,700 meters to over 3,000 meters above sea-level", says Jauregui.
The RoseMatic 2.0 sorts roses according to the length of the stem, diameter of the stem, bud height and opening of the bud and can produce 8,000 stems an hour, with a maximum of 9,000 an hour. According to Jauregui, a major advantage of the machine is the combination of high productivity and creating uniform bunches. "Manually, it is possible to achieve uniform bunches with high quality roses, but with this machine this farm may certify it and can increase the production up to 35 percent", says Jauregui. "On top of that, it saves the grading criteria per type of rose, so growers can always switch quickly."
For more information
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-10-14 US: SNA announces student research travel grant program
- 2019-10-14 New Zealand Flower Week 2019 theme will be 'The Power of Flowers'
- 2019-10-14 ‘Plant Drop’ Cornell – 1,000 plants in 20 minutes
- 2019-10-14 US (FL): Landscape Show attracts 6,500 industry professionals
- 2019-10-14 "China’s floral market is sprouting and flourishing"
- 2019-10-14 IPM Essen to be held at completely modernized venue
- 2019-10-14 Photo report: Canadian Greenhouse Conference 2019
- 2019-10-14 Various trials on display at Cyclamen Open Days
- 2019-10-14 A platform for the latest developments in the world floriculture industry
- 2019-10-14 NL: A little more promotion for the African Rose
- 2019-10-11 ‘Decoration unlimited – Dark Ocean’ surprises with an unconventional look
- 2019-10-11 Mayer's Hungarian production site celebrates 25th anniversary
- 2019-10-11 Photo report: Proflora 2019
- 2019-10-11 ExpoPlantas gathers the Colombian nursery industry
- 2019-10-11 "This system is priceless"
- 2019-10-11 Horticulture expo reflects blooming floral industry in China
- 2019-10-10 Hortiflorexpo IPM Beijing organizers sign alliance deal with HortEx Vietnam
- 2019-10-10 Five gardens win AIPH Grand Awards at Expo 2019 Beijing
- 2019-10-10 "A disinfectant is no longer ordered from a brochure"
- 2019-10-10 Florida agriculture educators 'LINC' with industry professionals at inaugural conference