- Construction Project Manager - Tri-State (CT, NY, NJ) USA
- Private Equity Associate - San Francisco (CA) USA
- Quality Manager
- Sales Manager Europe
- Agronomist & Supply Coordinator - EMEA territory
- Applicant management / board / horticulture / greenhouse grower
- Grower - Tasmania (berries) - Australia
- Managing Director Canada
- Category Manager - Sydney Markets, Australia
- Independent Sales & Business Development Representative, USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "World’s most sold machine to make spiral bouquets"
- "Certified Plastic Free plug system sets new world standard"
- UK: Import of cut flowers from Kenya and Colombia up, Netherlands down
- "Kenya's first floating solar project installed at Rift Valley Roses"
- China: "16 ha rose project from A to Z delivered in record time"
The Amazing Flowers of Victoria:
New company boosts Thai flower exports
The majority of the flowers cultivated in Thailand are mainly for the local market. "The demand is high, so they do not have to export. If I am correct, on total production in Thailand, only 20 percent is for export, the rest for local market. Thailand, however, exports products for over 100 years, but it always has been a bit weak."
Take the opportunity
Nicolas noticed there was a lot to gain on the area of export and this, combined with his love for flowers, made him change track after exporting Agricultural and industrial equipment out of China for about 15 years. He got in touch with orchid growers and they advised him to gather more knowledge about the farms and flower characteristics and varieties first. Afterwards, when he had gathered the knowledge and was financially ready, he started up his exporting company The Amazing Flowers of Victoria in 2017.
Currently, Nicolas works with over 20 suppliers of whom 80 percent are established in Thailand and 20 percent in Asia. 100 percent of the flowers are being exported and are shipped to countries like USA, Canada, India, Switzerland, France, Belgium and the UK. The changes within the country, the experiences of Nicolas and the number of suppliers enable The Amazing Flowers to deliver large volumes in a short period. "The transportation in Thailand is improving and within three days, we can deliver the flowers at our customers", he says.
And the volumes that are being exported are increasing. "Since the establishment of The Amazing Flowers of Victoria, we are receiving about 20 to 30 quotations from hotels and wholesalers for the cut orchids per day, via Facebook only. We just launched a website, so we expect to receive even more in the future", he says. According to Nicolas, the high demand mainly originates from the fact that cut orchids are not available in many other countries. "Throughout the year, there is a high demand for tulips and roses, but since 10 years, all kind of orchids are in high demand. Cut orchids are, however, difficult to find." Nicolas receives many requests from the USA and Europe.
For more information
The Amazing Flowers of Victoria
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-04-22 Phoenix florist finds businesses flourishing during pandemic
- 2021-04-22 IN: flower growers fear tough times amid Covid restrictions
- 2021-04-22 UK: Scottish government issues import requirement update
- 2021-04-22 US: What's happening? Shortages and prices have hit all-time highs
- 2021-04-22 Campaign to promote the consumption of flowers and plants in Spain and Germany
- 2021-04-22 Neutral solution to keep the workplace virus-free
- 2021-04-21 US: research on consumer attitudes toward domestic & locally-grown flowers
- 2021-04-21 How online florist UrbanStems leaned in on self gifting to grow sales
- 2021-04-21 The power of flowers can be mighty potent
- 2021-04-21 The growing demand for skilled horticulturalists
- 2021-04-21 Spain: 4.2 million roses expected to be sold for St. George's Day in Catalonia
- 2021-04-21 UK: Defra reminds plant importers of requirements
- 2021-04-21 Gold star for panicled hortensia with best shelf life
- 2021-04-20 $20.6 million investment in Grand Flower Growers
- 2021-04-20 Record quarter for Dutch floriculture export
- 2021-04-20 "Frosty spring fails to halt sales to UK"
- 2021-04-20 US (MO): Greenhouses seeing good business continue into 2021
- 2021-04-20 "The demand for preserved roses has grown exponentially"
- 2021-04-19 Europe: New promotional campaign for European flowers and plants
- 2021-04-19 Vertical gardens, allotments, and raised flower beds leading gardening trends of 2021