- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Hasfarm’s network expands in Indonesia, partnering with Bromelia Flowers and Tropika
- "Breeders need to study the Chinese market carefully before introducing a variety"
- Royal Flowers merges with The Elite Group
- North America: “Unbridled optimism for Mother’s Day tempered by reality”
- “A new sales channel for flower companies without any labor or high fixed costs”
Canada: Greenhouse growers fight whitefly and thrips with patterned sticky traps
Recently, Russell IPM released the news that trials of Optiroll Super in South America had resulted in significant trap catches of thrips, 450% more than the control, for protection of flower cultivars. Jade Murray of Russell IPM discloses that since then, the company has been responding to a huge number of enquiries and is receiving some excellent feedback.
Optiroll Super is a non-toxic solution to the management of thrips and whitefly pests. Application of the patterned sticky roll will reduce the necessity of additional spraying, and reduces the residues that can remain on fresh produce as a result.
During the visits which were part of the Canadian Conference Greenhouse tour, HortiDaily noted that an increasing amount of Canadian growers are using the patterned Optiroll sticky traps from Russell IPM.
Canada is one of the largest producers of greenhouse grown tomatoes in North America and so the industry is always in search of new and innovative biorational solutions to crop protection. Russell IPM’s Optiroll super has been installed by many growers to protect their yields from thrip damage.
Whitefly and thrips are a major problem for many host plants including most vegetable, flower and orchard crops. Optiroll Super can be used for the protection of this extensive range of crops and Russell IPM is currently in the process of gathering information on the success of the traps used for different crops and crop environments.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-05-31 "Chiltepec is a pioneer in the use of climate screens in Mexico"
- 2023-05-30 Australia: Building code adapted to better fit greenhouse building
- 2023-05-29 "More and more can be done electrically, including high-capacity crop shredding"
- 2023-05-29 "With our payment tracker, customers see the exact status of the foreign payment"
- 2023-05-26 “No ultrafiltration without customization”
- 2023-05-25 Kenya: “Demand for on-farm cooling solutions is increasing”
- 2023-05-23 Capital injection for Blue Radix powered by 400 growers
- 2023-05-22 "Designed to simplify growing and enhance operations"
- 2023-05-18 Evaluation of mud-based culture substrate on the regeneration of verbena cuttings
- 2023-05-17 Research project to explore 5G use in greenhouse industry
- 2023-05-17 UK: Horticultural Trades Association urges action on water management grants to increase resilience to droughts
- 2023-05-16 Almost time to propagate poinsettia mums
- 2023-05-16 Could growing crops under solar panels provide food and energy at the same time?
- 2023-05-10 Small microscope created that allows existing mobile phone cameras to turn into high-res microscopes
- 2023-05-10 "We introduce a single-use real-time carbon dioxide monitor"
- 2023-05-10 Automated production line and bio chamber in new premises Greenlux
- 2023-05-09 World first in Antwerp port area: drone network officially launched
- 2023-05-04 "Benefits of buying wholesale plant pots for your greenhouse & nursery"
- 2023-05-04 Double spray boom for both irrigation and crop protection
- 2023-05-03 Priva launches software-only solution for efficient labor registration