- Fruit Business Manager - Hong Kong SAR
- Regional Sales Manager - Northern EU
- Irrigation Manager - Cressy (Tasmania) Australia
- Verkoop Assistent Duitse Retail - Bleiswijk
- Packhouse Manager - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Colombia: Record Valentine's Day flower exports
According to ProColombia, Colombia’s export promotion agency, in 2015, Colombia exported approximately $1 Billion USD in flowers to the US, where 12% of sales were driven by Valentine’s Day. In 2016 sales are expected to be spurred by Colombia’s weak currency, making exports from the country up to 39% less expensive. Over the last 4 years, the flower export trade has shown a steady 4% growth.
According to the USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) over 26,000 floral retailers and wholesalers in the United States source 60% of their products from Colombia.
Over 80% of Colombia’s flower exports are purchased by the United States. Other major markets are Japan, Russia, US, and Canada. According to Colombia’s flagship airline, Avianca, it handled Valentine’s Day flower shipments on 155 flights, including charters to Los Angeles and Puerto Rico. Shipments on regularly scheduled flights went to destinations including the Netherlands, Spain, Great Britain, China, Toronto, Aruba, Curaçao, San Salvador, Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona, London, Seoul, Peking, Taiwan, Shanghai and Brisbane.
Read more at Finance Colombia
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-20 Dutch exporters see healthy growth in exports to Russia
- 2019-09-18 US: California Ag statistics for 2018
- 2019-09-18 “Certainty needed for growers as Home Office clarifies immigration policy”
- 2019-09-18 CalFlowers engaging in legislative advocacy in 2019
- 2019-09-18 Floriculture project launched in Papua New Guinea
- 2019-09-18 UK: PE-owned firms strain as loans lose value
- 2019-09-18 Australia: Nursery industry statistics survey to get underway in October
- 2019-09-17 Russia: A look at Riga Flower Market in Moscow
- 2019-09-16 Choosing the ideal flower buying audience based on consumer research
- 2019-09-16 Members share ambition for all suppliers to be certified
- 2019-09-16 Peonies as field grown cut flowers in Alaska
- 2019-09-16 "The market in China has some of the greatest opportunities of any in the world"
- 2019-09-16 Venezuela's Miranda state begins exporting flowers to Russia
- 2019-09-16 Kenya: Flower growers lament poor road maintenance
- 2019-09-13 Kenya woos Chinese investors in the agricultural sector
- 2019-09-13 Yellow, white, and orange are popular mum colors
- 2019-09-13 Turkey: Ankara municipality will no longer import plants and trees
- 2019-09-13 Russia: FlowersExpo 2019 comes to an end
- 2019-09-12 Russia: Are shorter stems here to stay?
- 2019-09-12 Irishman Phil Hogan named to run EU trade in build-up to Brexit