- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
- Operations Manager - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
- "It's a niche product that we created ourselves”
- McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture hire national sales manager, and promote three regional sales managers
- UFG's 'Last auction in the large gallery event'
- J. Berry Nursery relaxes Hollywood Hibiscus branded container requirements
- Michiel van Ginkel new CEO Royal Hilverda Group
Top 5 -last week
- HilverdaFlorist delegation visits KF Bioplants in India
- Proven Winners hosts creators roundtable event for plant influencers
- HortEx Vietnam, a gateway to the Vietnamese market
- "Botrytis is thriving in these weather conditions, so being as strict as possible is required"
- Suntory's "Le Tour de Cuttings"
Top 5 -last month
Shaun Parish, Ontario Flower Growers:
"Canada: "Pleasing results for OFG's new virtual auction system"
The OFG's first 'real' virtual auction was on one clock. "It was a great success, we were able to sell more products than all of our previous test virtual auctions from last year combined", says Parish. "I believe that the key to our success so far has been careful coordination among growers to offer a large variety of supply, at slightly better pricing. The lower prices make it easier to ‘experiment’ with new ways of purchasing."
4 clocks running simultaneously.
Two weeks ago, OFG started to use their 4th clock for virtual import product. "This marks the first time in OFG history that we’ve had 4 clocks running simultaneously", says Parish. As this could be a bit overwhelming for buyers who are used to 2 clocks, they recommend using their Remote Buyer program. Then, the buyers can login and Pre-bid or Pre-Purchase the product before it goes on auction. "The majority of our buyers who started doing this are very satisfied with their purchase results."
According to Parish, virtual auctions are starting to take on a life of their own. "Momentum has begun, and both growers and buyers are seeing results and becoming used to the process."
Their next step in their summer promotion will be in June. "We will be at the International Floral-Culture Expo (IFE) in Chicago to present our Remote Buying and virtual auction options to their US customer base", concludes Parish.
For more information
Ontarion Flower Growers
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-01 Anthura Bologna: "irresistible"
- 2022-12-01 UbiQD launches two new greenhouse film products
- 2022-12-01 Millcreek Gardens introduces new account manager & office sales supervisor
- 2022-12-01 Podcast: Flower farming on Hawaii’s Big Island with Christian Ingalls of Daisy Dukes Flower Farm
- 2022-12-01 NL: AltaNova takes over Nertera cultivation from Kooij Nertera Natural
- 2022-12-01 This Chicago couple turns vacant lots into flower farms, with help of local youth
- 2022-12-01 New: Santini 'Jinda Red'
- 2022-12-01 "A Lowpad in the workplace will help us take our operations to the next level"
- 2022-11-30 UK: New Leaf Plants teams up with Joy of Plants
- 2022-11-30 McHutchison and Vaughan’s Horticulture hire national sales manager, and promote three regional sales managers
- 2022-11-30 Hoffman Nursery gives update on growing stock
- 2022-11-30 Centre for high-tech protected cropping systems launched to climate-proof crop production
- 2022-11-30 Michiel van Ginkel new CEO Royal Hilverda Group
- 2022-11-29 Dutch exporter Montfleury celebrates 20 years
- 2022-11-29 2022 Poinsettia trial results Millstadt Young Plants and N.G. Heimos Greenhouses
- 2022-11-29 NL: Pieterpikzonen takes over Wing Seed BV
- 2022-11-29 Delphy Japan opens new office
- 2022-11-29 NL: Rebuilding of Takii’s new production- and breeding location in Zeeland started
- 2022-11-29 "It's good to be here for a longer period"
- 2022-11-29 NPI brings water, whenever and wherever it is needed!