- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
High demand for pink roses on UK Mother's Day
There is a demand for a broad range of flowers and bouquets. However, the rose is still a popular gift item" says Frans van der Plas from the Dutch export company Van Der Plas Commissiehandel. "Especially pink and cerise colored flowers are popular. This trend is also recognized by Julie Brown from the UK based flower importing company Onyx flowers and adds that the rose is still increasing in popularity.
It is very busy at the moment. However, when comparing with last year, Julie finds it bit quieter this year. This probably due to the the weather. "The weather in the UK is nice and the sun is shining. Therefore, the competition with the garden plants will be more fierce than last year."
At Van der Plas, the heavy rush is over now. "Today, we will still send some products to Londen, but the majority of our product are already exported." They also sent high volumes to Ireland. "Mother's Day is also an important day overthere", he adds.
At Onyx Flowers they are still working hard to complete their sales before Sunday. In the UK and Ireland Mother's Day is celebrated at the fourth Sunday in Lent.
For more information
Van der Plas
Frans van der Plas
Laan van Verhof 56
T: +31 (0)71 - 40 98 999
F: +31 (0)71 - 40 79 716
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-28 USDA seeks comment on pest risk assessment for import of ornamental cherry
- 2022-09-27 "It's more cost-effective for natural daylength growers"
- 2022-09-23 Mayte Garcia receives own rose: 'The Most Beautiful'
- 2022-09-22 Flowers left by Queen Elizabeth II’s mourners to be composted
- 2022-09-01 “With the higher quality of life of many Chinese citizens, plants and flowers get more popular every year”
- 2022-08-31 Want unique iris blooms? Schreiner’s Gardens wins that prize
- 2022-08-31 Certified American Grown supports FTD’s America’s Cup at AIFD Convention
- 2022-08-29 NL: A peek inside this Jeanny grower
- 2022-08-26 Takii launches Lisianthus collection
- 2022-08-26 Retailers Choice Awards announced at Farwest Show
- 2022-08-19 "Every country has its own chrysanthemum preferences"
- 2022-08-15 Brandkamp's dahlia series Dalitza is growing
- 2022-08-11 Study reveals the importance of ornamental flowers and nature in life and well-being
- 2022-08-10 Postharvest techniques for long-term storage of cut tulip and Dutch Iris
- 2022-08-10 "Chrysal Rose Dip service essential for sea transport of African rose"
- 2022-07-22 UK: Cut flower nursery business for sale
- 2022-07-22 Helix Australia sustainable flower bunch branding
- 2022-07-20 Seven flower farmers come together to form Central Virginia Flower Collective
- 2022-07-15 “Those flowers have to hit the road and make people happy"
- 2022-07-08 FFA member is blooming in business