- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Account Manager - Canada
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
High demand for pink roses on UK Mother's Day
There is a demand for a broad range of flowers and bouquets. However, the rose is still a popular gift item" says Frans van der Plas from the Dutch export company Van Der Plas Commissiehandel. "Especially pink and cerise colored flowers are popular. This trend is also recognized by Julie Brown from the UK based flower importing company Onyx flowers and adds that the rose is still increasing in popularity.
It is very busy at the moment. However, when comparing with last year, Julie finds it bit quieter this year. This probably due to the the weather. "The weather in the UK is nice and the sun is shining. Therefore, the competition with the garden plants will be more fierce than last year."
At Van der Plas, the heavy rush is over now. "Today, we will still send some products to Londen, but the majority of our product are already exported." They also sent high volumes to Ireland. "Mother's Day is also an important day overthere", he adds.
At Onyx Flowers they are still working hard to complete their sales before Sunday. In the UK and Ireland Mother's Day is celebrated at the fourth Sunday in Lent.
For more information
Van der Plas
Frans van der Plas
Laan van Verhof 56
T: +31 (0)71 - 40 98 999
F: +31 (0)71 - 40 79 716
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-28 Dümmen Orange unveils floral innovations at Cut Chrysanthemum Flower Trials 2023
- 2023-11-24 South Africa: Local flower wins international award
- 2023-11-21 "Florists and consumers increasingly recognize the advantages of preserved flowers"
- 2023-11-21 New blue Chrysanthemum from Japan to be available at Mayesh
- 2023-11-15 India: Facility to indigenize tulips set up in Delhi
- 2023-11-15 Evanthia streamlines Antirrhinum assortment
- 2023-11-10 New Zealand: Rose season blossoms at The Victoria Esplanade
- 2023-11-07 ‘Little Sid’ charity rose launched by Harkness Roses
- 2023-11-03 US (FL): UF horticultural sciences creates Día de los Muertos ofrenda with UF/IFAS-grown flowers
- 2023-11-01 Fragrant Northwest China's fresh roses global markets
- 2023-11-01 How sunflowers see the sun
- 2023-11-01 Naturalization of introduced plants is driven by life‐form‐dependent cultivation biases
- 2023-10-30 "Guatemala, a perfect country to grow all kinds of flowers"
- 2023-10-26 Agapanthus by De Wet Plant Breeders confirmed to flower for over 100 days
- 2023-10-25 Helleborus Advent Star loved by grower and consumer alike
- 2023-10-19 US: “Green light”: approval for the sale of bright petunias