- Managing Director, UK
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
- Marketing trends for 2023 your organization should consider
- "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- “A pot rose with an X-factor”
- Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- Special Year Overview 2022: Some award-winning rose varieties!
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
A net to constrict plants and flowers on trolleys
Czech Republic: Juta introduces FLORAFIX
This new net has smaller holes than the 'regular' palletising nets. Therefore, plants and flowers will not be damaged. "Due to the smaller holes, the flowers and the shoots of the plants will not stick through the net. So, when unwinding the net from the trolley, the plants and flowers will not break", says Smidova.
The nets can be applied manually or by a machine. The rolls that can be used manually have a length of 500 meters and a weight of 2.5 kg. "This enables the workers to manoeuvre and apply it easily." The rolls that need to be applied with a machine are available from 2,000 meters to 3,000 meters and have a weight of 10 to 15 kg. Besides that, the paper core of this roll is stronger and bigger (76mm) compared to the roll that needs to be applied manually (50mm).
The net can carry a weight of 33 kilogram and is stretchy; it can be extended by 40%. "So, when using 1 meter, it can be stretched to 1.4 meters" explains Smidova
The company is based in the Czech Republic. It has been active in the field since 1946 and exports their products to countries across Europe. In general, two ways of packaging are utilized; big pallets with 182 rolls and smaller pallets 112. "However, we need to be flexible. We have to deal with different customers from Europe, with different needs. So, if a customer wants, for example, a pallet of 120 or 150 rolls, we are also able to supply this amount", says Smidova.
For more information
544 15 Dvur Kralove nad Labem
T:+420 499 314 256
F:+420 499 314 206
M:+420 602 692 441
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-10-11 Koen Pack launches sample book with packaging materials
- 2022-10-07 "Bamboo sleeve: functional and less harmful to the environment"
- 2022-10-03 NZ: Biodegradable nursery pots to offer plastic-free alternative
- 2022-09-26 Minneapolis start-up plans win price for compostable flower foam
- 2022-09-07 Macpac showcases new packaging solutions at Four Oaks trade show
- 2022-08-25 UK: Plant packaging manufacturer is exhibiting at the Four Oaks Trade show
- 2022-08-18 How one small change can make a big difference
- 2022-07-18 Modiform is choosing recyclable packs made from 100% recycled materials
- 2022-07-04 Evaluation of post-harvest quality of marigold flowers
- 2022-06-24 “We are filling a need for easy-to-use and sustainable online packaging”
- 2022-06-22 Plastic-free soil degradable seedling pots introduced to Australian market
- 2022-06-15 RipeLocker closes its first multi-unit sales deal with The Queen’s Flowers
- 2022-06-14 Online packaging: Modiform is introducing a new product category
- 2022-06-14 Clayrton's targets full-paper packaging for flowers and plants
- 2022-06-02 "People want to become more sustainable, and the transport tray plays a role in this"
- 2022-05-31 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-26 Kolster presents new label Magical Garden Plants
- 2022-05-25 Water-resistant paper brings plastic alternative
- 2022-05-18 FTD introduces sustainable packaging for all Farm-to-door orders
- 2022-05-10 New foolproof planter solution gaining worldwide interest