- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- Bringing Dutch technologies to the Chinese rose market
- "No other double lilies have this kind of pedigree"
- Water treatment with nanobubbles leads to decreased losses in gerbera cultivation
- Dutch propagator grows vegetables and flowers under the same (glass)roof
- American Rose Trials for sustainability winners from Star Roses and Plants
Top 5 -last week
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- "Resilience as in going back to the past is not always better”
- “The ornamentals industry in the Philippines is flourishing"
- "Growers and traders know the old assortment but are only moderately aware of the new varieties"
- Sensors on flowers prove that nano-fertilizers help to save energy resources
Top 5 -last month
Richard Bonnet, New Fashion Flowers:
New fashion flowers to grow anthuriums in Thailand
They just established a 2ha sized greenhouse in Thailand and the construction of their second greenhouse is in progress. "We notice a large demand for better quality anthuriums" said Richard. "Many cut anthuriums that are grown in this region are small and are full of viruses", he continued. Therefore, they are building sterile greenhouses, equipped with Dutch techniques and materials. Besides that it is important to work with clean cuttings, which will be supplied by Anthura in week 28.
Richard Bonnet at the Horti Asia in Bangkok, Thailand.
At the moment, however, the company is still focused on the export and import of two completely different products, namely flower bulbs and beauty products. Their main activity is the export of Dutch tulip and amaryllis bulbs to Thai wholesalers, garden centers, show parks and private buyers. In order to reduce their transportation costs, they supply the Dutch market with Thai beauty products.
According to Richard, the demand for Dutch flower bulbs is still increasing in Thailand. "Thai people adore flowers and especially the ones with bright colours. This combined with the devaluation of the Euro appeals and enables more Thai people to purchase European products, like flower bulbs."
Especially at this time of the year, bulbs are in high demand. "Due to the opening of the Keukenhof in the Netherlands, the tulip is very popular. Usually, the amaryllis is our 'showpiece' and the people here are eager to acquire the latest varieties", says Richard. "They even established an organization especially for amaryllis lovers, named Sian Amaryllis. This Thai organization tracks all new Dutch amaryllis varieties and want to receive them as fast as possible. We are able to supply these varieties within three days", says Richard.
For more information:
New Fashion Flowers BV
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 UK: Queen plans to attend Chelsea Flower Show on Monday if she is feeling well enough
- 2022-05-20 Breeder won three awards from the American Rose Trials for Sustainability program
- 2022-05-20 Saffron-Tech opens new growth center in Gaza envelope
- 2022-05-19 Dutch Flower Group supports Fairtrade flowers and workers
- 2022-05-19 UConn supports Connecticut’s greenhouse industry
- 2022-05-19 Miami International Airport named sustaiable cargo airport of the year
- 2022-05-19 Air France-KLM and CMA CGM join forces
- 2022-05-19 "No other double lilies have this kind of pedigree"
- 2022-05-19 Terra Nova Nurseries introduces new Echinacea
- 2022-05-19 '13 million TEU of excess containers in 2023'
- 2022-05-18 Vestaron closes series C funding at $82M
- 2022-05-18 Carrier Transicold crosses milestone, with over 1.5 million refrigeration units sold
- 2022-05-17 Developments in South East Asian horticulture
- 2022-05-17 US (IL): Spring brings flower power to Hardin fest
- 2022-05-17 J. Berry Nursery announces expansion
- 2022-05-17 Veterans offered new nature-based therapy program in peaceful Eden garden
- 2022-05-17 Soil & More Ethiopia: receives award and an important visitor
- 2022-05-16 "I don't need to shop around for screens"
- 2022-05-16 Sjoerd de Boer new general director Xclusive Uganda
- 2022-05-16 South African company to invest in tomatoes, flowers and peppers