- Managing Director, UK
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
Top 5 -yesterday
- Marketing trends for 2023 your organization should consider
- "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- “A pot rose with an X-factor”
- Midstream Lighting completes acquisition of Hyperion Grow
- Special Year Overview 2022: Some award-winning rose varieties!
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Richard Bonnet, New Fashion Flowers:
New fashion flowers to grow anthuriums in Thailand
They just established a 2ha sized greenhouse in Thailand and the construction of their second greenhouse is in progress. "We notice a large demand for better quality anthuriums" said Richard. "Many cut anthuriums that are grown in this region are small and are full of viruses", he continued. Therefore, they are building sterile greenhouses, equipped with Dutch techniques and materials. Besides that it is important to work with clean cuttings, which will be supplied by Anthura in week 28.
Richard Bonnet at the Horti Asia in Bangkok, Thailand.
At the moment, however, the company is still focused on the export and import of two completely different products, namely flower bulbs and beauty products. Their main activity is the export of Dutch tulip and amaryllis bulbs to Thai wholesalers, garden centers, show parks and private buyers. In order to reduce their transportation costs, they supply the Dutch market with Thai beauty products.
According to Richard, the demand for Dutch flower bulbs is still increasing in Thailand. "Thai people adore flowers and especially the ones with bright colours. This combined with the devaluation of the Euro appeals and enables more Thai people to purchase European products, like flower bulbs."
Especially at this time of the year, bulbs are in high demand. "Due to the opening of the Keukenhof in the Netherlands, the tulip is very popular. Usually, the amaryllis is our 'showpiece' and the people here are eager to acquire the latest varieties", says Richard. "They even established an organization especially for amaryllis lovers, named Sian Amaryllis. This Thai organization tracks all new Dutch amaryllis varieties and want to receive them as fast as possible. We are able to supply these varieties within three days", says Richard.
For more information:
New Fashion Flowers BV
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-08 "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- 2022-12-08 Following insect footprints to improve crop resilience and monitor pollinator biodiversity
- 2022-12-08 "Nowhere in the world, crops are grown more efficiently than here"
- 2022-12-08 Acquisition of Penny UK by Power Plastics
- 2022-12-08 Marketing trends for 2023 your organization should consider
- 2022-12-08 Trinity Natural Capital Markets welcomes the development of the UK Soil Carbon Code
- 2022-12-08 Tim goes from L’Oréal to top finance role at Wyevale Nurseries
- 2022-12-08 Flower wholesale market in Düsseldorf gets new home
- 2022-12-07 NASA funds scale-up of fluorescent greenhouse roofing technology
- 2022-12-07 Pantone’s Color of the Year 2023: Viva Magenta 18-1750
- 2022-12-07 Matt Olson joins the Bailey Marketing Team
- 2022-12-07 Dümmen Orange breaking new ground at the 7th Cut Chrysanthemum Trial in Aichi, Japan
- 2022-12-07 Certis Biologicals appoints new president of business development and licensing
- 2022-12-07 Van den Bos Flowerbulbs taken over by Heylen Group
- 2022-12-07 Havatec guarantees continuity for Jamafa
- 2022-12-06 "We suspended sales of high-cost 4G products and promoted cost-effective USB temperature and humidity loggers"
- 2022-12-06 Land-grant universities helping solve needs of specialty crop industries
- 2022-12-06 US (CA): Bay Area flower growers face skyrocketing natural gas prices
- 2022-12-06 Dutch Horticulture youth looks to connect around the topic of energy
- 2022-12-06 UK: A week at Compton Garden Flowers