- Key Account Manager Canada and USA
- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Esmeralda Farms acquires Sande Flowers
- "Resilience as in going back to the past is not always better”
- “The ornamentals industry in the Philippines is flourishing"
- "Growers and traders know the old assortment but are only moderately aware of the new varieties"
- Sensors on flowers prove that nano-fertilizers help to save energy resources
Top 5 -last month
'Kom in de Kas' more than 200,000 visitors:
Photo report: Come in the Greenhouse event in the Netherlands
Click here to view the Photo Report (Dutch).
Last weekend, the general public was able to visit the greenhouse and to ask growers about the growing process of the flowers or vegetables.
At the Nursery Van Marrewijk Steelhoven, gardenia's are grown. "Everyone wants to know where the scent comes from", explains bram van Marrewijk, the owner of the nursery. Also many questions were asked about the Air So Pure-plants: do they really clean the air? How is it possible?
Also cooking demonstrations with peppers were organised by Colourfultaste in 8 regions.
How do you keep your greenhouse clean?
Also at pepper nursery Van der Lans, many questions are asked by the public. Where do the peppers go? (From the Netherlands, to Scandinavia and the VS.") How do you keep the greenhouse clean? Many questions are asked multiple times, but they do not mind answering them. "We do not have anything to hide and we like to show that."
At the plant nursery WPK, the visitors can view the entire cultivation process of the plants. Also demonstrations about the activities and the usage of machineries were given. Is it not a big risk for you to take by having a large amount of visitors in your greenhouse? "It is", says manager Maarten Rijt. "We will disinfect everything after the event. In the winter, when everything is full of vegetable-plants, it is not possible. However, it is a pleasure to participate in 'Kom in de Kas': it is important to show people what is happening.
Where are the tomatoes?
In the past, Nursery van Kooten cultivated flowers. Now, they grow cucumbers and in autumn they grow tomatoes. "Many people are surprised when I tell them that we have 32,000 plants in the greenhouse and that we harvest 32,000 cucumbers", says Leon van Kooten. "There are also questions that I cannot answer."
In 22 regions in the Netherlands, greenhouses can be visited. Take a look at our photo report from the following regions: Friesland, Bergen op Zoom, IJsselmonde, Klazienaveen, Haren, Hedel, Arnhem-Nijmegen and Westland.
Click here to view the photo report (Dutch).
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-20 US: University partnership to explore pollinators
- 2022-05-20 Greenfield based English greenhouse and glasshouse manufacturer Hartley Botanic to exhibit at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- 2022-05-20 Almost 50 Valencian companies have already confirmed that they will exhibit at Iberflora New Generation
- 2022-05-20 India: College organizes training program to promote Mission Floriculture
- 2022-05-20 24 Italian companies to exhibit at Agricultural Fair in Novi Sad
- 2022-05-20 RoboCrops kicked off with 12 pitches and plenty of discussion
- 2022-05-19 American Rose Trials for sustainability winners from Star Roses and Plants
- 2022-05-19 German Florist Championship 2022 in Berlin on 20 August
- 2022-05-18 Flower Day returns with a bang at the Eastern Market after 2-year pause
- 2022-05-18 Taking a peek into the eighth Beijing Florascape flower show
- 2022-05-17 Presentation of International Grower of the Year Awards in Amsterdam
- 2022-05-16 Director Agriculture Kashmir visits Floriculture Development Farm Nunnar Ganderbal
- 2022-05-13 North Okanagan's first-ever tulip festival in bloom
- 2022-05-13 Cuyahoga Falls urban agriculture class sparks Spring Sustainability Expo
- 2022-05-13 Indian delegation visits Volcani Institute of Israeli Ministry of Agriculture
- 2022-05-13 Christmasworld 2023 on course for success
- 2022-05-13 Looking back on the Taiwan International Orchid Show 2022
- 2022-05-13 Difficult times bring new challenges to Dutch growers
- 2022-05-13 Start signal 10th Dutch Lily Days on June 7
- 2022-05-12 Sunbeam social media award celebrates vibrant communities