There's nothing better than a bouquet of spring flowers... unless you live near the tulip fields in Holland.
For a month and a half ever year, millions of brightly colored blooms turn the landscape into a panorama of color. The video above, shot with a DJI Inspire 1 drone, was captured above some epic flower fields in the Netherlands. The fields shown in the video lie near Lisse, home to the world's second-largest flower garden.
The tulips, hyacinths, narcissi and daffodils are a highly trafficked tourist destination in spring months and are in bloom from the end of March until the second week of May. Road trippers can take a 25-mile drive through the countryside and see flower-sellers, public gardens and museums all along the highway, according to National Geographic.
Take a look at the stunning drone footage above, and check out other beautiful images of the flower fields below.
Click here to view more pictures of the tulip fields at www.huffingtonpost.com.
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-27 ‘It’s now or never’
- 2023-01-24 How plants prepare for cold weather and how they withstand low temperatures
- 2022-11-08 Pennsylvania Horticultural Society hosts tree plantings throughout the Philadelphia region
- 2022-10-05 “‘Digital’ is a life attitude”
- 2022-06-28 Black Sheep Flower Farm: Flowers, glamping, and community sanctuary all in one
- 2022-04-22 US (MN): Tulip season is just about there, but this Lakeville farm won't be able to open
- 2022-03-23 "It's so painful as a farmer to do everything' right' and then get hammered by the rain"
- 2021-07-05 US: Farmworker advocates renew call for extreme heat rules after Oregon laborer dies
- 2021-06-15 NL: Millions and millions of blooming peonies in Limburg
- 2021-05-24 Greece: First-of-its-kind flower smells like dead insects to imprison coffin flies
- 2021-05-14 CAN: P.E.I. monks work to open tulip field despite COVID-19 protocols, plant disease
- 2021-04-29 Wicked tulips flower farm in Exeter celebrates opening weekend
- 2021-04-26 Kashmir: tulip garden witnesses steep decline in visitors
- 2021-04-21 Traveling 60 km daily: the life of a tulip gardener in Kashmir
- 2021-04-21 NL: Aerials show sea of tulips in bloom at famed flower park
- 2021-04-16 Keukenhof spring series - new parts presented
- 2021-04-09 Floriculture: A boom for doubling the income in Kashmir valley
- 2021-04-07 Bengaluru farmers use wastewater to grow plants
- 2021-04-07 Visitors flock to California's flower fields
- 2021-02-18 US (CA): Carlsbad Flower Fields to kick off spring season on March 1