- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
- International Citrus Account Manager
- Business Developer Water Storage - International technical horticulture
Netherlands: Ubink Nursery to expand with another 5.500 m²
Ubink Nursery has been a valued customer of Logiqs for more than 15 years, and therefore turned to Logiqs when they decided on extending their existing greenhouse in Kudelstaart, the Netherlands, with another 5.500 m². The extra space will be used for more growing capacity as well as a work area.
The existing facility itself is already a very modern one, being the first greenhouse in the world to make use of the Logiqs Shuttle System. So of course the new extension to the greenhouse is required to connect to the existing logistical system.
In fact, because of the flexibility of the existing system, no extra machines are needed to accommodate the new growing area.
To achieve this, the rails of the existing automatic transport car (ATC) will be lengthened so that the ATC can reach the new growing area. Then the Dat-A-Control software can be updated to match the new layout.
The new growing surface will also benefit from highly advanced automatic irrigation booms.
The Automatic Irrigation Booms used in this project have multiple nozzles and are designed to provide both drip irrigation for ebb and flood, top irrigation with efficient sprays and nutrient distribution.
The Irrigation Booms will be controlled using the Dat-A-Water module in Dat-A-Control for efficient water management and ease of use.
Using Dat-A-Water also allows for individual container irrigation schemes so that irrigation can be done precisely even when dealing with an immense diversity of plant sorts.
Another huge advantage when using our software integration of the Irrigation Booms, is that the system always knows whether there are empty spaces or empty containers in the greenhouse and does not waste water or nutrients. This also leads to lees undesired humidity in the greenhouse.
After Sales Services
Logiqs has its own experienced installation and service team based in the Netherlands, but also collaborates with reliable service engineer teams in several countries so as to prevent unnecessary installation or maintenance costs.
Our customers can always rely on prompt and efficient attention for routine maintenance, breakdown or emergency situations.
Routine preventative maintenance can be tailored to the customer's choice, with service intervals to suit the specific needs of the logistical system.
For more information:
2676 LT Maasdijk, The Netherlands
Telephone during working hours: +31 (0) 174 514 141
Service telephone outside of working hours: +31 (0) 626 434 447
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-28 US (FL): 72.2-acre nursery up for auction
- 2023-09-28 Italy: Greenhouses devastated by hurricane, 8,000 cyclamens to be saved
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Pymwymic and Horticoop invest in Vivent
- 2023-09-28 VHC takes over WICO Flowers nursery and grows to 24.5 ha santini production
- 2023-09-28 Royal FloraHolland signs letter of intent for Safe Enterprise quality mark
- 2023-09-27 Garden Media Group celebrates 35 years in business
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Managing Director of The Bransford Webbs Plant Company to retire
- 2023-09-27 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-26 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-26 American Floral Endowment appoints new officers
- 2023-09-26 Ridder celebrates 70 years
- 2023-09-26 Three Stimuflori board members say goodbye
- 2023-09-26 Sandra Bechtholt new Keukenhof director
- 2023-09-26 Jon Smits new board member Billigblomst in Denmark
- 2023-09-26 Beekenkamp Group celebrates 1-year anniversary of 'Be Beekenkamp'
- 2023-09-25 Making sustainable choices in horticulture
- 2023-09-25 USDA cites Florida company for PACA violations