- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- "Our foliage plants grow bigger, faster, and more efficiently"
- "Amongst the category of garland hydrangeas it can truly be regarded as a (r)evolution"
- US (CA): Bay Area flower growers face skyrocketing natural gas prices
- This is the year the My Beautiful Matcha will be more widely introduced
- "Supermarkets didn't get charged more during corona either, did they?"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Establish your company at PITA in Almeria:
Guidance to set up a business or warehouse in Almeria?
Strategically located, close to the University campus, the airport, residential areas and health services, as well as the Natural Park of Cabo de Gata-Nijar, the park is a fully urbanised space, with the best services and supplies, with plots ranging from 1,000 m2 for innovative factories and technology services as well as turnkey spaces like offices, laboratories and tech warehouses.
PITA's Director Rafael Peral Sorroche explains that Almeria with some 30,000 hectares of greenhouses and growers investing around a billion dollars in technology for the crops every year, including seeds, plastics or crop protection. "Almeria is a prime location to set up a warehouse or a distribution centre. We offer the plots, as well as the support to set up the project and carry out the investment in Almeria.” This market, probably the largest in the world is also the gateway for two interesting growing markets: North of Africa and Latin America.
Despite its relatively young age, PITA has so far already managed to arrange offices and plots for some 80 companies from different sectors, “because although our focus is on agro-technology, our park is also available for companies in other sector such as IT or renewable energy,” affirms Rafael. “Many of these are small, but we are also working with large firms, like UNICA or Tecnova Technology Center."
The park currently has some 300,000 square metres still available for any companies interested. “They are offered at interesting prices and with incentives from the local Government, which has also shown its interest in giving a boost to the region in terms of R&D,” explains Rafael. “Most of our big companies are at our business centre Pitagoras, a large building with 100 offices.”
Rafael affirms that PITA is mostly interested in working with two markets: the Netherlands and Israel, “as I believe these countries are the most interesting for us.” For companies of these countries, PITA has special services of soft-landing in collaborating with Invest in Andalucia, the specialized agency of the regional government.
For more information:
Parque Científico-Tecnológico de Almería-PITA
Raquel Pérez Rodríguez
Tel.: 662 979 902
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-06 Dutch Horticulture youth looks to connect around the topic of energy
- 2022-12-06 UK: A week at Compton Garden Flowers
- 2022-12-06 UK: Fleurie MDS student releases video
- 2022-12-06 "We suspended sales of high-cost 4G products and promoted cost-effective USB temperature and humidity loggers"
- 2022-12-06 Land-grant universities helping solve needs of specialty crop industries
- 2022-12-06 US (CA): Bay Area flower growers face skyrocketing natural gas prices
- 2022-12-05 Hishtil and Décor Breeding sign a strategic agreement to strengthen cooperation
- 2022-12-05 Dutch Greenhouse Delta identifies an urgent need to join forces within the Dutch horticulture sector
- 2022-12-05 Sri Lanka: Mike Biotech Asia awarded for floriculture medium range
- 2022-12-05 The flower wizard's news: November
- 2022-12-05 "We need florists to reach more consumers about That Flower Feeling"
- 2022-12-05 US (MI): Plant sale raises funds for greenhouse from propagations
- 2022-12-05 "We are not going to follow, we will lead the change"
- 2022-12-02 Australian nursery gives industry update
- 2022-12-02 “Pot roses are an excellent addition to our current selections”
- 2022-12-02 10 million Pottburri pots sold!
- 2022-12-02 "Our goal is to participate in the higher market segment"
- 2022-12-02 Pioneer Gardens joins the LiveRoof Family as LiveRoof NorthEast
- 2022-12-02 'New Proven Winners perennials for the 2023-2024 season announced'
- 2022-12-02 New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched