Next month, the Flower Trials will be held from 9 till 12 June. At this three-day event, 49 breeders at 30 locations in Westland and Aalsmeer in The Netherlands and Rheinland Westfalen in Germany will show their pot and bedding innovations, creative concepts and a wide range of crop assortments. In the coming weeks FloralDaily.com will highlight one product from each participating company in a series of five articles. In this edition, we show the top products of 9 companies in the Aalsmeer region.
ABZ Seeds: Fragaria Toscana ‘deep rose’ FleuroStar
At the latest Annual Fleuroselect Conference their Strawberry F1 hybrid 'Toscana' was named winner of the prestigious FleuroStar Award 2011/12. This year strawberry 'Toscana' with decorative, dark rose blossoms and striking cone-shaped fruit stood out as the favourite from the top 6 entries. Judges from a cross-section of the industry noted that 'edible ornamentals are trendy and this stunning example has huge commercial potential making it an absolute winner'.
Agriom: Early® blue
The light blue mophead hydrangea has strong stems and a compact to medium growth. The plant has good branching and many medium sized mopheads. It is very suitable for Mini and Midi cultivation and the forcing period is 10 weeks.
Danziger - Imperial plants: Lobularia – Raspberry Stream™
Lobularia Raspberry Stream™ is the newest addition to the Lobularia Stream series from Danziger “Dan” Flower Farm. Raspberry Stream has a dramatic vivid pink colour. Like all the varieties in the Stream series, Raspberry Stream has a great honey scent. Together with its semi-trailing habit and medium vigor it will fit perfectly in a mix or as a standalone plant.
Evanthia: Lisiathus Colorado Purple
Their Lisianthus cutflower assortment is one of their show pieces. "Over 18 years of constant development and experience in the cultivation of this cutflower means that we are able to supply a splendid assortment of single and double flowered varieties throughout the season. Colorado Purple is one of our top selling single flowered varieties, suitable for cultivation later in the season."
Floranova: Ageratum Cloud Nine
A brand new series of Ageratum bred for earliness and uniformity in the pack. Both colours are up to 7 days earlier than competing varieties and also flower very uniformly across the crop, making them ideal to grow together. Both varieties have smaller leaves and a more uniform habit, making for a much more uniform end product. Cloud Nine Blue also has darker flower buds, giving a more attractive appearance than varieties with pale buds.
Floricultura: Floriclone Phalaenopsis
Floricultura is a supplier of propagation material and distinguishes itself, not only by the volume of their output but also by their wide range of orchid genera. "Besides a good working atmosphere, our approachable company culture promotes contact between employees as well as a good exchange of knowledge and expertise."
Florist Holland: Flori Line® Maxi Eyecatcher Red
The Maxi Eyecatcher Red is a quick flowering and compact plan. It is a plant with uniform plant habits for foliage, flowering window, flower colour. It is delivered as seed (1,000 seeds per unit), seedlings (144 young plants per tray) and suited to 6 to 13 cm pots / 2.5 to 6 inch pots. Year round availability for F1 Hybrid material from seed.
Hassinger Orchideen: Phalaenopsis micro
The most tender and filigree varieties of Hassingers repertoire belong to this segment. Due to exclusive breeding under European conditions, these varieties show an optimal growth and a high performance. The micro phalaenopsis is used for the 6 cm pot and other small formats. It can be delivered at flask, young plants in trays or semi finished plants.
Hem GeneticsPansy Xtrada™
Xtrada™ is Hem Genetics new Pansy series with extra-large flowers. Extrada™ features extra-large upward facing blooms, compact and tight plant habit and prevents from stretching during warm conditions. This makes Xtrada™ perfect for late summer and fall sales. Xtrada™ extra-large bloom size measure 4” in diameter and is available in nine colours plus a mixture. These colours are: Blue blotched, lemon shades, pink shades blotched, red blotched, rose blotched, white, white blotched, yellow and yellow blotched. More colours are to follow soon.
For more information
Parallel Boulevard 214d
2202 HT NOORDWIJK
T: +31 71 - 364 91 01
F: +31 71 - 364 91 02
- Retail Key Account Manager
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-27 Grand opening of Tulip Show at the Shanghai Flower Port, displaying 3 million tulips of over 500 varieties
- 2023-03-24 New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
- 2023-03-24 SAF to honor next gen floral pros with new award
- 2023-03-23 Australia: Protected cropping and soilless farming study tour
- 2023-03-23 Dutch flowers in St. Peter’s Square in Rome
- 2023-03-23 Plantarium|Groen-Direkt’s novelties inspection now also in June
- 2023-03-22 GreenTech Americas: a resilient industry through challenging times
- 2023-03-22 Workshop on breeders rights protection in Mexico for Dutch plant breeders
- 2023-03-22 Roparun Team Royal FloraHolland runs on behalf of entire floriculture sector
- 2023-03-22 India: Flower markets bloom amid festive fervour
- 2023-03-21 US (FL): The Bloom Show covers the 2023 WFFSA’s Floral Distribution Conference
- 2023-03-21 Tulip Experience Amsterdam opens tulip experience for tourist
- 2023-03-20 Join the next ∑-Grow Inside seminar on March 28
- 2023-03-20 Asia’s largest tulip garden all set to greet visitors
- 2023-03-20 US (CA): The Santa Barbara International Orchid Show is back
- 2023-03-17 Ethiopia: Government pledges to address obstacles of horticulture sector
- 2023-03-17 Students named beneficiaries of 2022-2023 Spring Meadow - Proven Winners HRI scholarships
- 2023-03-17 Save the date for the Dutch Spring Trials
- 2023-03-17 RKW will put their LP-Keder products in the spotlight during the GreenTech Americas
- 2023-03-17 UK: HTA champions environmental horticulture at Lords Inquiry