Art created by Vincent van Gogh is a true manifestation of his love of nature and passion for flowers and plants. His innovative approach in transferring these impressions to canvas has led to his works being recognized by people worldwide. Dümmen Orange recognizes a kindred spirit in his sources for inspiration and his universal reach, which led the company to sign a five year sponsorship contract with the Van Gogh Museum on May 11. Expression through art and expression through flowers and plants aligns a fascinating parallel that attests to the emotional value of flowers. Dümmen Orange is supporting the realization of the new entrance, the development of educational products and the execution of the core tasks of the museum with this contribution. Axel Rüger, CEO of the Van Gogh Museum, and Biense Visser, CEO of Dümmen Orange, had a festive toast on the five year contract.
The collection and the sustainable way of doing business were the reason for both parties to talk about a possible cooperation. Flowers, plants and nature itself are recurring themes in the art of Van Gogh, themes that play a continuous role within Dümmen Orange on a daily basis. The way the museum is treating its environment and the BREEAM certification also formed a link to explore the mutual commitment.
‘Van Gogh’s art and the Van Gogh Museum have many admirers across the globe. His work and the dynamic and innovative way it is presented throughout the museum brings inspiration and fascination to the public continuously. Dümmen Orange, as one of the world’s leading developers of flowers and plants feels a strong connection to the art of Van Gogh and the core values of the Van Gogh Museum. Our flowers and plants paint a living canvas across the world. With our contribution we support spreading the joy and inspiration Van Gogh’s art brings to the world,” explains Biense Visser.
“It is impressive how many people, organizations and companies feel a connection with the spirit of Van Gogh and our museum as the guardian of his spirit. We are very happy with this long term partnership between Dümmen Orange and Van Gogh Museum. We are looking forward to working together with our new partner,” says Axel Rüger.
For more information
For more information
Van Gogh Museum
1070 AJ Amsterdam
T: (020) 570 52 00
- Sales Representative Southeastern US
- Bedding and Perennials Sales Manager Europe
- Horticultural Technician
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Tissue Culture Laboratory Scientist
- Manager Operations & Logistics
- Vegetable Advisor (Permanent)
- Horticultural Commercial Director
- Senior Operations Manager Nursery
Top 5 - yesterday
- Tagawa Greenhouse rooting cuttings better and faster
- "High demand for our orchids and we see a shift from flowers to flowering plants"
- “Portugal is a small country, but it's the 8th top producer of ornamentals in Europe"
- New dates for World Floral Expo 2023
- NL: Sustainable hydrangea greenhouse opens its doors
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "It extends the shelf life of roses by 50-100%"
- "Entering Europe is a natural next step in our growth"
- Cut flower ocean shipments continue to rise
- “In over 35 years of operations, we’ve seen a lot change in the foliage market”
- Denmark: "Growers see this crisis as an opportunity to improve and be more innovative"
a five year sponsorship contract has been signed:
Dümmen Orange sponsors Dutch Van Gogh Museum
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-03-22 US: Master Nursery Garden Centers recognizes top vendors for 2022
- 2023-03-22 Six million trays sold, new models and expansion of the recycling station
- 2023-03-22 Royal Brinkman and Moleaer expand cooperation in Mexico
- 2023-03-21 Cees den Boer, co-founder Svensson Netherlands, passed away
- 2023-03-21 NL: Henda Flowers opens new greenhouse
- 2023-03-20 Rebranded Stolze Mexico expands into North American market as GROWA
- 2023-03-17 Bredefleur Moerkapelle takes over neighbour's greenhouse and expands to 13.5 hectares
- 2023-03-17 AFE introduces their new Friends of Floral Program
- 2023-03-16 Solar panels make up for 50% of the annual energy consumption at DREA
- 2023-03-16 Managing assortment on Floriday improved with supply selections
- 2023-03-16 NL: Stolk G4M Plants introduces Spathiphyllum Jet Diamond
- 2023-03-16 Dutch companies merge
- 2023-03-16 Ian Rasmussen appointed as CEO of Royal Dutch Paardekooper Group
- 2023-03-16 Ugo Conforti appointed as President of Flora Toscana
- 2023-03-16 Floward raises USD156 million
- 2023-03-15 NL: Minister of Agriculture visits Dutch breeder
- 2023-03-15 Dutch nurseries expand partnership
- 2023-03-14 NL: Violets make way for greenhouse allotments
- 2023-03-14 BASF Venture Capital GmbH invests in WayBeyond
- 2023-03-14 Tristram Plants raises over £5000 for Ukraine appeal